How Long After Note7 Return To Remove Contract?
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'd like to know how long will it take for Verizon to remove the contract from my account & reset the upgrade eligibility & contract end dates to what they were prior to purchase of the Note7?

My second Note7 was received by Verizon on 11-18-2016, but my account in the My Verizon app still shows "Current contract ends 08/15/2018", even though the bill shows a credit for the cost paid for the phone.  It should be April, 2016, because I did not purchase a new phone after returning the Note7, but reactivated an older phone.

Do I need to contact Verizon to get this done, or will Verizon correct it automatically?

Re: How Long After Note7 Return To Remove Contract?
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you have to do anything to get the credit for your phone? My contract was automatically cancelled on 10/11 (placed order for new phones on the same date) but I have yet to see any of the credits due to me. It may be best to contact Verizon about the contract.

Re: How Long After Note7 Return To Remove Contract?
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm pretty sure the credit was triggered by the activation of the old phone on the number/line used on the Note7.  I recall the rep who assisted with the activation saying that would happen.  I was surprised that the contract dates were not removed though.  Guess I'll have to call them.

Funny how Verizon cancelled my original order for a replacement Note7 because they didn't have a new contract signed (I had already signed for the first one), but when I return the phone, they failed to cancel the contract.  End result is that the customer gets penalized for any mistakes, regardless of who makes it.