How-block everything from social media & app companies getting in your phone?
powchutu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello!

How do you block everything Galaxy Note 4 phones from social media (such as Facebook) and apps (companies) from getting into your phone and even seeing what you're in?

I ask because when I play some certain games, some people from Facebook saying they knew I like to play that certain game and wants me to join them. I just want to keep my phone to myself at times.

Also some apps requires to go into my phone to whatever - how & where do you find a switch or something to turn them off from going into my phone now and in the future? I'm not worried about losing apps if I do this.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How-block everything from social media & app companies getting in your phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, powchutu! It sounds like you need to go to the Settings in the Facebook app.
From Facebook>Settings>App Settings>Ads
From there you will see the settings you want to disable. Please let me know if this is what you are referring to.
As far as the apps are concerned, there is no way to remove the settings required to make that app work for you. If you do not want the app to access certain functions of the phone then the only way to resolve it is to remove the app.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How-block everything from social media & app companies getting in your phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, powchutu! It sounds like you need to go to the Settings in the Facebook app.
From Facebook>Settings>App Settings>Ads
From there you will see the settings you want to disable. Please let me know if this is what you are referring to.
As far as the apps are concerned, there is no way to remove the settings required to make that app work for you. If you do not want the app to access certain functions of the phone then the only way to resolve it is to remove the app.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Whenever you use social apps they ask you to accept their TOS, which almost always includes you giving permission, if you accept the agreement, to access your profile and post on your behalf.  The only way not to share info with these apps is to not use those apps.  Obviously, if you do not accept the agreement, you can't use the app.

0 Likes
powchutu
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you

0 Likes
powchutu
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you

0 Likes
powchutu
Enthusiast - Level 3

thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome!

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the case of Facebook, I find the best way is to not use their apps at all. Browse Facebook using the Firefox browser with Adblock, and the EFF's Privacy Badger, and the EFF's HTTPS Everywhere add-on installed to the phone's browser. No root required. As far as Facebook is concerned, they can't see what apps you're running on your phone, and the ad network they operate can less effectively mine out your browsing habits. If you want to go further, browse Facebook in Desktop mode so the phone only appears as a Linux computer, rather than a phone. You have the screen real estate to do that with the Note. Finally, Make sure you opt out of Verizon's Super Cookie! Facebook can use the data Verizon injects into your HTTP traffic to track you. See: Verizon to let users opt out of 'super cookie' identifier

Firefox may be slower than Chrome, but it is the most trustworthy and privacy-oriented browser out there. That's why I recommend it.