How can I exchange my Note 7 from Germany?
palmster

Hello,

So my situation is a little different.  So I'm a soldier stationed in Germany, I went on leave (vacation) last month and I was able to buy a note 7 in the states. I didn't upgrade, I payed full price for it after it was supposedly not suppose to explode anymore.  But since obviously Verizon doesn't work in Germany, I use a German SIM card. I had a line that I had to use to purchase the phone outright but since I can't use that line in Germany I left the original phone that was there, there (family uses that number).  So when I look at my account I don't see my Note 7 meaning the instructions Verizon e-mailed me isn't working.  I select the phone I want but I still need to pay around 800$ and I'm trying to select the Google pixel XL.  Issue with this as well is I'm shipping from APO (USPS) this is basically military shipping through an  AIRPLANE it will go through customs and everything and I heard you can't have that fire proof box you send on planes.  Look.  I have no idea what to do and I can't call because I don't have a phone that can call the states. The international number that you list on your website isn't working either. I know it's a long post but I just need answers and solutions.  Probably really confusing,  Sorry for this ridiculous inconvenience.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 exchange from Germany
erinw_vzw
Verizon Employee
palmster,

First, I'd like to thank you for all that you do for our Country. I am truly sorry to learn that this has been a hassle with getting your defective Note 7 replaced. Since you are outside of the US and there is not a real number associated with that Note 7, my best recommendation is to reach out to Samsung directly. Here is a link for their support page Official Samsung Support

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
erinw_vzw
Verizon Employee
palmster,

First, I'd like to thank you for all that you do for our Country. I am truly sorry to learn that this has been a hassle with getting your defective Note 7 replaced. Since you are outside of the US and there is not a real number associated with that Note 7, my best recommendation is to reach out to Samsung directly. Here is a link for their support page Official Samsung Support

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
palmster

So even if I purchased this phone through Verizon and I have the receipt for it, I still can't work with you in a exchange or refund? Because I read through there website and it states I must have purchased it through Samsung. This also means I can't purchase a pixel through Verizon.  Is this really my only option? Honestly?  It literally says Verizon on the back of the case. Also I can only contact Samsung by phone. 

0 Likes
palmster

Hello? You have not responded.  I just got my second notice for returning my note 7 and I don't know what to do.

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

palmster,

Thank you so much for your service to our country. I know how challenging the recall process has been, and being in a different country does pose some speed bumps to returning the device. But, absolutely no worries, we will get this sorted out. Since the Note 7 was sold internationally, I recommend reaching out with a local carrier who sold the Note 7 to determine if they have access to the fireproof boxes that Samsung has manufactured for carriers. If they are not able to provide you with the box, I recommend reaching out with Samsung directly (http://bit.ly/1THTInr) to have a box shipped to you in Germany.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
palmster

Then who do I ship it to? Samsung or Verizon?

0 Likes