How can I get my S805 stereo headphones to work in stereo (not mono) on Note II?
pjjoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Motorola S805 stereo headphones used to work fine and sound great with my old Galaxy S, now with the Note II the sound is in Mono and sounds like a cheap speaker, it connects through bluetooth and gives me 2 options - Call audio, (showing a retro style phone handset symbol) and Media audio (showing what looks like a pair of stereo headphones). I tried checking just the media audio box and unchecking the call audio, but still not stereo sound.

Why would this be? I know that Android 4.0 supports A2DP protocol for Bluetooth. This is very frustrating, since one would assume going to a "better" more expensive phone would not make your audio worse or not support your headphones any more. Note the stereo works fine output through the headphone jack. The audio files are high quality FLAC files or MP3 and I tried using my paid for PowerAmp app. I also tried the stock audio player, Google Play Music. Nothing seems to help here.

The volume and track changing controls DO work...and music comes through..just in horrible sounding MONO. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Tags (4)
0 Likes