How can Verizon send me the Recovery Box for the Galaxy Note 7?
IDOVAZ63

I went to the Verizon Store on 13740 I-10 East Fwy Houston, TX 77015 today and they ordered me another phone but told me I have to mail back the Galaxy Note 7, so online it will not allow me to select upgrade as instructed in the recall notice, what can you guys do for me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can Verizon send me the Recovery Box for the Galaxy Note 7?
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely strive to make the return process of your device an easy and smooth ride. I'll be happy to help with this. In order to receive a recovery box, you'll have to complete the trade in process via our website. If you have already completed this and need a recovery box, you have the option to select to have another sent to you. Please refer to the following link Cell Phone Trade in - Recycle Old Devices | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Same question here too.

So, have they changed the return process this time?  We do not need to bring the phone back to the Verizon store that we purchased the Note7 from?

If so, who's going to re-activate my old Verizon phone for me (still got my old GalaxyNote) after mail this UPS out?  

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I contacted Verizon support via the chat; they indicated a mailing label would be e-mailed.  Fortunately I have a small box to use but others may need to shoulder that cost.

On my old Note, the screen is still indicating a "Are you ready to activate" icon.  As long as your content was backed up, I am thinking you should be able to re-activate it at will without going into a store.

Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope others have better luck than I have so far.

I went in to the local store yesterday and was told they are not accepting Note 7s for return.

They gave me a flyer that ASSUMES I want a new phone.  I went back to my Galaxy S5.

They could not tell me yesterday since I did that how to get the Recovery packaging to send the Note back.

They told me that I should get online with the Verizon folks.  Did that today - after online for hours yesterday.

The woman I talked to was WORTHLESS.  She kept trying to have me use the Trade-In page.

That obviously did NOT work.  She told me to Contact the Customer Service today by phone.

Wonder much of my time that will end up taking.  I am supposed to be driving some where tonight and this is not helping me accomplish anything but frustrating me to no end.  Why are these people not educated on this? Instead they bounce you everywhere.

How difficult would it have been for her to get my mailing address and have the packaging sent to me.  All I want is my $$ for the phone and the $25 credit to my account.

juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely strive to make the return process of your device an easy and smooth ride. I'll be happy to help with this. In order to receive a recovery box, you'll have to complete the trade in process via our website. If you have already completed this and need a recovery box, you have the option to select to have another sent to you. Please refer to the following link Cell Phone Trade in - Recycle Old Devices | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Just for the heck of it I went to the link.  Here is the error I received: 

"We are unable to identify your device and cannot provide a value for your device. Please try again or contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 for assistance."

Obviously the Note 7 has no value, understood, but according to this it is back to phone contact only.

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tc2013, I understand that this can be confusing if you are not sure on what process to follow. Most customers should have received a text with instructions. It is preferred that you do the exchange online here >>> Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless     

If you are just doing a store return and want to activate an old phone you can do so at the nearest corporate store. Keep in mind that if you purchased the phone at an authorized retailer you would want to go back to the same store. For exchanges please follow the online instructions, and if you have a hard time reach out to us >>>Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Just got in touch with Verizon..via chat...:)..so much the easiest way to go.  According to the rep, a box will be sent but the customer should contact the customer care center at 1-800-922-0204 to verify.

They are urging customers not to send devices back early but to wait for the box and shipping instructions.

0 Likes
guzzimike66
Enthusiast - Level 2

"In order to receive a recovery box, you'll have to complete the trade in process via our website."

What about those that just want to return the phone and are not trading to something different? I paid off my Note 4 to keep as a backup so am now using that with the Note 7 wiped, powered done and stowed away waiting on return packaging.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

I went to the Corporate Store and reactivated my old Note and the rep said that a box would be sent to me for the Note 7. Here's hoping