How do I activate a Note 3 I recently purchased?
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I currently have a razr maxx xt912 with unlimited data. If i bought a note 3 outright from any source is it just a matter of putting the sim out of my razr into the note 3 to have it up and running or is there something else that needs to be done. I am aware that it needs to be a Verizon note  3 in order to work and also that i have to reinstall my apps from Google thanks    Jesse.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: changing phones
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks ann the sim slots are the same . I was just wondering if there was anything else to do other than swapping Sims. I'm going to buy one straight out keep my razr for a backup or maybe give it to my son depending on his grades . I don't really carry a phone around much so the large size  eliminates the need for  a phone and a small tablet which i use alot especially my 7 inch tab 3. Thanks.    Jesse

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

It has to be usable on Verizon's network. Not just any CDMA cell phone will operate on their network.

Make sure it is a phone for use on Verizon network.

You then go into your My Verizon web portal and you can just swap out the emeid/esn of the new one for the old one.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually swapping the micro SIM card from the DROID Razr to a Verizon branded Note 3 will automatically activate the new phone. There is no need to switch the devices through the MyVerizon account first if the SIM card slots are the same size.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know I totally forgot that. I am getting too old my memory is going quick

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't switched my active device through MyVerizon for over two years. Instead I have switched from one device to another at least 10 times or more by moving the SIM card between the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks ann the sim slots are the same . I was just wondering if there was anything else to do other than swapping Sims. I'm going to buy one straight out keep my razr for a backup or maybe give it to my son depending on his grades . I don't really carry a phone around much so the large size  eliminates the need for  a phone and a small tablet which i use alot especially my 7 inch tab 3. Thanks.    Jesse

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want to transfer your text messages, photos, email address and other personal information from one phone to the other, there are some additional steps you can do. Otherwise there isn't much else to do beyond swapping the SIM card to activate the new phone.

I have swapped between phones in the middle of the day with all my information on the old phone and none on the new phone. Also when I travel, I usually take my current phone and my HTC Thunderbolt with the extended battery. I keep my information updated on the Tbolt and SIM card adapter in the Tbolt in case I run out of battery while on the road. I can also use the Tbolt as a wifi only device and mp3 player since the extended battery can last for days if the phone is kept in airplane mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jaxle67, we understand that retaining your UNlimited data plan is important to you. If you purchase a new Smartphone device from a third party and activate it on your line; you will be able to keep your Unlimited data plan. However, if you purchase a new Samsung Note 3 from us with two year promotional pricing, then you will be moved to a current data plan offered http://vz.to/W24dla

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154,

I'm glad you're able to do is just as easily. I wanted to share the steps to swap the device using My Verizon for those who need it http://vz.to/1f2MULb .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Yes thanks. I purchased it last night. I swapped sims downloaded all my apps back from google and everything works fine .Although the note doesn't quite have the reception of my original razr maxx its a  very nice phone and has replaced the need for a phone and separate  7 inch tablet. So we will see if it lives up to my expectations. I certainly hope so because ive purchased a few work vehicles that cost less than the phone.   Jesse

0 Likes