How do I add ringtones to the default ringtones list so that I can use them for notifications?
gboykin903

I can't figure out how to add ringtones that I already have to the list of default ringtones to be used for notifications? I have searched everywhere for this but can only find our how to add music as ringtones.

Is is possible to set a specific ringtone for a contact and a different ringtone for message notifications on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3? This was so simple to do on my Blackberry Bold but seems very elusive on the Note3.

Any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I add ringtones to the default ringtones list so that I can use them for notifications?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using the My Files application, copy the ringtone files to the ringtones folder or the notifications folder.

The ringtone customization per contact is done within the people/contacts app. You need to view the individual contact to see what options are available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I add ringtones to the default ringtones list so that I can use them for notifications?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using the My Files application, copy the ringtone files to the ringtones folder or the notifications folder.

The ringtone customization per contact is done within the people/contacts app. You need to view the individual contact to see what options are available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gboykin903

Thank you for your reply.  Where do I find the My Files application? Coming from the Blackberry world, I am adjusting to the learning curve.

0 Likes
gboykin903

Ann, Thanks for the help. After digging some more I found the My Files application. Smiley Happy

0 Likes