How do I change the security lock on my device?
luckymishy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok. This is currently happening on my Motorola droid turbo and my husband's Samsung Galaxy note 4. He set his lock screen to use his finger swipe for one day at work and now it won't let him change it back. Then I changed mine today from the plain swipe to the pin lock. And I went in to change it back and it won't let me. I keep my phone unlocked at all times because I have a small child and I need her to be able to get into my phone if something happens. It is telling us that we have to have an administrator to change it or factory wipe out our phones. How is this possible? There has to be another way for us to change our security lock settings.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid security locks
Snn5
Legend

On some phones you can go to Settings after logging in with the finger/pin, and go to Security then scroll to Clear Credentials.  This should allow you to then change your method of unlocking.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

On some phones you can go to Settings after logging in with the finger/pin, and go to Security then scroll to Clear Credentials.  This should allow you to then change your method of unlocking.

luckymishy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Omgosh! Thank you! It worked on my phone. I am going to tell my husband here soon. Thanks again.

Snn5
Legend

YAY!  Glad to help. Smiley Happy

0 Likes