How do I disable the battery fully charged notification?
Scotttttttttttt

Ever since the lollipop update my Note 4 has been waking me up at night to tell me the battery is charged.  It scared the crap out of me the first night.  I want to be able to hear calls and texts come in, but do not need to be woken up to be told my battery is fully charged..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I disable the battery fully charged notification?
RichTaylor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scotttttttttttt  Actually I found something that may work on Lollipop.  They replaced Blocking Mode with a "do not disturb" feature.   In this you can set a schedule for turning sounds off AND add exceptions for things like calls and texts.  It even looks like it supports limiting the exceptions by person calling or texting.

Setting -> Sounds and Notifications -> Do not disturb (near bottom)

I still like Tasker as it gives me many more options.  For example I have a "car mode" that when it connects to the car bluetooth sets volume and screen timeouts as I want them.   Also a profile that turns off sound when I enter my church which helps avoid embarrassment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then shut your phone off.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Or, you can utilize blocking mode in settings/device

0 Likes
Scotttttttttttt

That does not meet the requirement of hearing calls and texts come in.

0 Likes
Scotttttttttttt

@pherson

Turning my phone off also does not allow me to receive calls and text notifications, so that is not an option.

The closest thing I can find to "blocking mode" is "Do not disturb".  I can set exceptions in there for texts and calls, but I still get the battery charged notification.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So it's ok to be alerted of a call or text or to even be woken up by it, but not a notification that your battery is charged?!

Wow. Interesting.

Scotttttttttttt

If you do not understand the difference between being woken up for urgent work or family issues versus being woken up to be informed your battery is fully charged then you probably have bigger problems that cannot be solved by poorly trolling the Verizon community.

0 Likes
RichTaylor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scotttttttttttt  I looked and did not find any setting for this either.  I can suggest a way to handle this however.  I use a program called Tasker to automate some things like this.  In particular I have all sounds shut off at night so as not to be disturbed.  You can also put in additional rules that would provide exceptions. In your case an exception that enables sounds if a call or a text comes in.  You can even make this specific to a person which I have done in the past.

@pherson Why would you find it so unusual that he wants to hear calls or texts, but not every notification that the device generates?  Particularly one that you apparently can't turn off.  There are many personal and professional reasons where you need to be awakened by a call or text.   On call support, Medical issues, etc.

mama23dogs
Legend

Scotttttttttttt

I have the note 3 with similar notification issues.

The notifications are supposed to be blocked in settings:  settings, device, sounds and notifications, application notifications. 

These settings should block any notice from selected apps.  I found them all defaulted to OFF.  Yet I still get annoying notices from news app.  I checked settings within the app, turned off notifications.  They still come in.  Arg!

I Think it's a bug and have reported to Samsung by email.

0 Likes
RichTaylor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scotttttttttttt  Actually I found something that may work on Lollipop.  They replaced Blocking Mode with a "do not disturb" feature.   In this you can set a schedule for turning sounds off AND add exceptions for things like calls and texts.  It even looks like it supports limiting the exceptions by person calling or texting.

Setting -> Sounds and Notifications -> Do not disturb (near bottom)

I still like Tasker as it gives me many more options.  For example I have a "car mode" that when it connects to the car bluetooth sets volume and screen timeouts as I want them.   Also a profile that turns off sound when I enter my church which helps avoid embarrassment.

0 Likes