How do I get Basic Voice Mail?
smyz64
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone came loaded with Visual Voice Mail and no regular, basic voice mail.

I do not want to pay for Visual Voice Mail, and I get no notifications for basic voice mail. Have to dial into *86 every once in a while to SEE if I have any.

Highly annoying. Is this Verizon's way of making you pay for the Visual Voice Mail?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic Voice Mail
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Basic visual voice mail is free, if you accept it, it should alert you to new voice mails. It also usually gives you 30 days free with premium voice mail, you don't have to do anything once the 30 days is up and you'll just automatically be reverted back to basic visual voice mail.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Basic visual voice mail is free. Premium visual voice mail is what you have to pay for.

Are you having trouble with being alerted to receiving voice mails? No indication on the actually app or icon at the top?

0 Likes
smyz64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, no notification.

Also, I used to have an app that I could just get my voice mails in (Note II). Now I have to go to the phone app and dial instead of just hitting the call voice mail option.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you don't have any voice mails you want to save, go into settings>applications>application manager>all (scroll to all) and find the voice mail app and delete the cache, delete the data and restart your device.

You should still have a Verizon voice mail app, check under apps and it's just called voice mail.

Also make sure it's up to date.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Also, if you go into your phone dialer you can just press and hold 1 in order to call your voice mail.

0 Likes
smyz64
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I click on the Voice Mail app, it forces me to Accept or Decline the Visual Voice Mail. Which I decline and it simply takes me completely out of the app.

This is a defect that should be fixed without us having to do a workaround.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Basic visual voice mail is free, if you accept it, it should alert you to new voice mails. It also usually gives you 30 days free with premium voice mail, you don't have to do anything once the 30 days is up and you'll just automatically be reverted back to basic visual voice mail.

0 Likes
smyz64
Enthusiast - Level 2

It should tell you that you have a 30 day trial. I don't trust that it will fall off and I don't have to cancel something. Nowhere does it say anything about basic voice mail. #fail on Verizon's part, just sayin

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes