How do I get google voice mail back on my Note 4?
CherylDiane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had Google Voice Mail as my default Voicemail on my Galaxy Note 4.  At some point, about a month ago, it stopped working and now my messages come through the Verizon VM, which charges for visual.  I liked my free Google VM and have had it for years.. lots of messages including a message from  my grandmother who passed recently.  How do I get Google Voice back as my default VM, without deleting any of my message history?  I loved that Google VM would send me an email with the message so when I'm at work, I dont have to "illegally" use my cell phone to see who called and what they said (especially at no charge).  Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HOW DO I GET GOOGLE VOICE MAILS BACK ON MY NOTE 4?
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue when things moved over to Lollipop and VZs visual voicemail took over. I had to do a manual activate it

Set up or remove Google voicemail - Google Voice Help

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You should be able to go to your Google Account then to Google Voice and set up forwarding again from that screen, and also direct VMs to your email. 

0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same issue when things moved over to Lollipop and VZs visual voicemail took over. I had to do a manual activate it

Set up or remove Google voicemail - Google Voice Help

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes