How do I get my text message recipient to stop bringing up email addresses? - Note 4
hmpeagler

Whenever I start a new text with someone and I enter their name in the recipient slot, but it lists email addresses.  How do I stop this?  If I wanted to send something to an email address, I'd just write an email.  This wastes a lot of my time.  And most of the email addresses that pop up are ones that I don't even know.  Help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get my text message recipient to stop bringing up email addresses? - Note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hmpeagler, we will get the phone to show the mobile phone number. Let’s get this fixed so you can have a peace of mind. When did this start? Is your contacts showing your saved contacts or the emails?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my text message recipient to stop bringing up email addresses? - Note 4
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new "improved"? version of Verizon Messages does this - you can scroll through emails and names until you finally find the phone number, but it adds a lot of unnecessary "stuff" to go through to send a simple text. 

Here's a quick example - I typed Ann into the To: field, It  lists the first Ann it found with Home, Work, THEN mobile #.   Anna K listed the email first, then her mobile #.  Next I only had an email for that Anne, the next one lists an email and then a mobile #. 

It should default to the mobile # if yo are texting, and only show emails if you request or set preferences - there is no setting though.  It just shows everything for all contacts...and that's a lot of info to go through.

Screenshot_messages.png