How do I get the sales tax refunded?
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

I have paid $159.61 for the tax of this Note7 on Aug20, after a couple of recalls, how would I get this "sale tax" back?

I had used my credit card for that transaction, and i still haven't seen Verizon putting the credit back to my Visa account.

(Verizon Admins).... Please advise.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get the sales tax refunded?
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tc2013, I understand the concern with getting back your taxes. It will be credited back preferably in the form of original payment after we receive and process your return. We are still working to confirm the source of repayment, but please keep an eye on our wireless homepage and your emails for an update.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tc2013, I understand the concern with getting back your taxes. It will be credited back preferably in the form of original payment after we receive and process your return. We are still working to confirm the source of repayment, but please keep an eye on our wireless homepage and your emails for an update.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Marcus for the info. I will keep an eye on the billing on a daily basis then.

0 Likes
CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was charged sales tax twice - with the original Note 7 and the replacement Note 7. 

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

CHRLEN56, I know that this has been a challenging situation. Thank you for your patience, and I can understand your concern regarding your taxes. We are in the process of refunding all charges associated with the Note7 if you purchased it directly from us. All credits can take 1 to 2 billing cycles to be applied.  Follow this link for complete details: Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless  

Ralpht_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

So was I, also for two phones!  I still don't have any refund yet for either of my Note 7s and after calling multiple times to customer support they can't find a record of my return. And... they want to charge me another $60 tax to order a replacement phone. I am not paying one more penny to Verizon until I see my tax money refunded in full