How do I remove the WiFi calling notification?
capobean
Enthusiast - Level 2

The latest update added a wifi calling notification that won't turn off. I don't want to activate, and I don't want a persistent notification. Please help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove the WiFi calling notification?
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to remove it by clicking it to 'activate' and then selecting the cancel button on the popup window for address confirmation. Hopefully it doesn't show up again after restart

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

capobean,

Having the options that you want is important. Unwanted notifications aren't fun. Let's check this out. Where did you go to try to turn it off? What does the notification exactly say? Please send us a screenshot. 

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
capobean
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the drop down notifications bar. Trying to swipe it away only gives the option to open settings. Turning notification off does nothing. Not sure how to attach picts.

0 Likes
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue. The notification will not go away and wants the user to turn on wifi calling. I do not want to utilize this feature as it has been rather unstable and has led to dropped calls, cutting out during calls, etc.

0 Likes
ARISWEETY15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got it removed by holding down on the notification itself in the drop down bar and changed the level of importance for notifications to LOW and it was removed.

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to remove it by clicking it to 'activate' and then selecting the cancel button on the popup window for address confirmation. Hopefully it doesn't show up again after restart

capobean
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I got this to work. Should require a customer agreement to remove but glad gone.

BrandyC33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried holding down the WIFI notification from the drop down and when I hold it down, it tells me that notifications cannot be turned off... I don't want the notification, I don't want the pop up.. What else can I do. I have done a restart on my network connections, I have done a force stop on the wifi calling and nothing but swiping or snoozing the notification for 2 hours works. I have actally never use wifi calling but after everything I have done to get this notification to go away I doubt I will ever want to use it. I have not been with Verizon or the Note 9 but for 9 months and I'm really starting to doubt my decision to switch. This is so annyoing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrandyC33, your loyalty means the world to us and the last ting we would ever want is for you to leave the Verizon family. We apologize for the Wi-Fi Calling notifications you receive. I understand how inconvenient it is for you to receive Wi-Fi Calling notifications and I want to help.

For devices that have Wi-Fi Calling turned ON by default, and for devices updated to software that has Wi-Fi Calling ON by default users will be prompted to activate Wi-Fi calling or confirm the E911 address. The notification cannot be removed by swiping and must be selected for the user to either walk through the Wi-Fi Calling activation, or to decline activation using the following processes:

If you have had Wi-Fi calling turned on before and an address is saved for E911 (check here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201651/ , you will be prompted to select 'Cancel' or 'Save' on the Wi-Fi Calling E911 address screen. If you do  not select 'Cancel' or 'Save' on this screen the notification will continue to display. This is the reason you keep seeing it.

If you have never had Wi-Fi calling turned on before OR if the E911 address on file cannot be found, the users should be prompted to select 'Cancel' or 'Continue' on the Activate Wi-Fi Calling screen. If the user does not select 'Cancel' or 'Continue' on this screen the notification will continue to display to the user. Pressing 'Cancel' will prompt a display advising you that Wi-Fi Calling is OFF. Pressing 'Continue' after accepting the Terms and Conditions (check box) will move you to the Emergency Location Information (E911 address) screen. You would then need to complete the form with an address that can be identified in the E911 database, and press the 'Save' button.

I hope the information I provided helps. Please let us know if the issue persists.

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes