How do I stop my device from going into standby mode while a Youtube clip is playing?
Kev48us
Contributor - Level 1

ok so is it possible to listen to something on YouTube with it out getting cut off because the phone went into standby mode or locked? I know I could disable the time out mode but would prefer not to I ask because I was to try something so help sleep but its not a sound file its on YouTube so its not possible it just download it and let it play

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question about youtube
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Kev48us,

I'm a big music fan, so I'm always watching the latest music videos on YouTube and I want you to be able to do the same. To utilize the YouTube application you need to keep the screen on the YouTube application. If the screen shuts off the sound will stop playing. This is how the YouTube application was designed. I would recommend submitting feedback to the developer through the Google Play store to see if that can be changed.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: question about youtube
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Kev48us,

I'm a big music fan, so I'm always watching the latest music videos on YouTube and I want you to be able to do the same. To utilize the YouTube application you need to keep the screen on the YouTube application. If the screen shuts off the sound will stop playing. This is how the YouTube application was designed. I would recommend submitting feedback to the developer through the Google Play store to see if that can be changed.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes