How do I stop my keyboard from freezing?
bobbity

Every once in a while, letters stop working on my keyboard. I have to restart to get them to work again. Happens about once a week. Why and how do I keep this from Happening? An example is: I try to type Super Excited and the U, E and P won't work. But once I restart, all the letters work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Every once in a while, letters stop working on my keyboard. I have to restart to get them to work again. Happens about once a week. Why and how do I keep this from Happening?
Snn5
Legend

It could be an accumulation of all sorts of bits of info and depending on the last time you cleared the system cache either manually or via a factory reset on that phone you might find a difference there after doing so with many other system caches.

Clearing the application cache removes temporary files and frees up memory - your personal settings or information remain intact.

Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
  3. Tap More.
  4. Tap Application manager.
  5. Swipe left to view the All tab.
  6. Scroll to and tap an application.
  7. Tap Clear cache.
  8. You've now cleared the application cache.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Every once in a while, letters stop working on my keyboard. I have to restart to get them to work again. Happens about once a week. Why and how do I keep this from Happening?
Snn5
Legend

Try clearing the cache for that keyboard in your app manager.  IF nothing else, try another keyboard like Google Keyboard from the play store.

0 Likes
bobbity

How do I do that?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How do you go to the Google Play Store?  It's an Icon in your app drawer.  It's where you get your apps.  Just search for "Google Keyboard."  Install it and it will guide you through about 3 steps to setting it up.  If you don't like it, you can uninstall it just like any other Play Store app.  I used Google Keyboard as an example so that you'd have another app to compare against your stock keyboard to see if it was your screen or your keyboard.

Google-Play-Store-550x273.jpg

0 Likes
bobbity

No, sorry. I meant how do I clear the cache on the samsung keyboard. I looked in my settings and didn't see anything. I am well versed with the play store.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Go into your settings

open application manager

find the keyboard app in the list and open it

scroll down to cache and clear.

Snn5
Legend

It could be an accumulation of all sorts of bits of info and depending on the last time you cleared the system cache either manually or via a factory reset on that phone you might find a difference there after doing so with many other system caches.

Clearing the application cache removes temporary files and frees up memory - your personal settings or information remain intact.

Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
  3. Tap More.
  4. Tap Application manager.
  5. Swipe left to view the All tab.
  6. Scroll to and tap an application.
  7. Tap Clear cache.
  8. You've now cleared the application cache.
0 Likes