How do I turn off the lock screen on my Note 4?
Mrcc93

I set my lock screen and now I don't want it on anymore. I go into "security" and and I just want to select "swipe" to unlock it. But its all grayed out and the only security options I have is Pattern, PIN, Password, and Fingerprint.

Under "Swipe" it says "turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage" and I haven't done any encryption and I don't think I turned it off. My administrators is only set to Android Device Manager.

Very confused, please help!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't turn off lock screen on my Note 4
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't have a note 4, but our screens are set up similar. Go to settings/security and select Clear Credentials. That should then allow the greyed out Swipe to be selectable. Which for me is actually located under settings/fingerprint.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend
  • This MIGHT be of help.
  • If using Microsoft® Exchange / Corporate sync, some screen lock options (e.g., Fingerprint, Pattern, PIN) may be unavailable.

Set Up Screen Lock Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Mrcc93

I don't have that stuff on my phone. Thanks for trying to help! Still trying to find a solution.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't have a note 4, but our screens are set up similar. Go to settings/security and select Clear Credentials. That should then allow the greyed out Swipe to be selectable. Which for me is actually located under settings/fingerprint.

Mrcc93

MiiHere YOU ARE AWESOME!!! THANK YOU!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You're welcome.

0 Likes