How do I uninstall apps?
bobtpc

I have followed the instructions to uninstall an app and I still get updates.  I don't want updates.  I want the app to disappear from my phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I uninstall apps forever, no "update" ever, just get rid of an app I do not want on my phone?
rcschnoor
Legend

If it is a preloaded app, you can't completely uninstall it. Simply uninstall the updates. Then go into your settings menu, under apps. Choose ALL and scroll down to the app you want. Choose disable. You will no longer be notified that there are updates for it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I uninstall apps forever, no "update" ever, just get rid of an app I do not want on my phone?
rcschnoor
Legend

If it is a preloaded app, you can't completely uninstall it. Simply uninstall the updates. Then go into your settings menu, under apps. Choose ALL and scroll down to the app you want. Choose disable. You will no longer be notified that there are updates for it.

0 Likes
whydoi2

On some of the pre-loaded Apps (especially the Samsung Apps) you cannot even disable them. We are stuck with them. All you can do is going to the settings under Application Manager. Scroll to the right to where it says ALL. Then scroll down to the one you are looking to get rid of. Click FORCE STOP, then CLEAR CACHE, CLEAR DATA, UNINSTALL UPDATES and uncheck where it says SHOW NOTIFICATIONS. You can also make sure your Task Killer has the App set in it's "Kill List". There are also some Apps in the Market Place that will "Freeze" an App... or so I am told. It is suppose to kee[ it from running and hide it from the system. Ihaven't found a decent one for the Note 3 yet though.

0 Likes