How do stop blocked calls for going to your voicemail? With today's technology this shouldn't be able to happen!
GERLIN61

How do stop blocked calls for going to your voicemail? With today's technology this shouldn't be able to happen!

0 Likes
Re: How do stop blocked calls for going to your voicemail? With today's technology this shouldn't be able to happen!
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Block them via your My Verizon account rather than via your device.

Block Numbers | Verizon Wireless

Blocks FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: How do stop blocked calls for going to your voicemail? With today's technology this shouldn't be able to happen!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GERLIN61, I can understand not wanting to have voicemails from people you've blocked on your device. tikibar1, is correct that often a smartphone will route blocked numbers to a specific blocked voicemails folder or area. On an iPhone, you can quickly delete these messages in the voicemail section. When you block a number through Verizon, we don't allow the call to go through, so they can't leave a voicemail.

Outside of the free Call Blocking, there is Verizon Smart Family. As part of the many controls offered by Smart Family, you can block up to 20 numbers permanently and unknown and unlisted numbers. tikibar1's link goes over all the blocking options, here's the specific FAQ for Smart Family: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/

I hope you find those options beneficial.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes