Re: How long can I wait to return note 7?
ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is not an option, as I turned in my ONLY device (an S6) to get the Note 7.

So, come 10/28, I will be switching to the LG V20, either with Verizon, or another network, if you guys aren't offering it at that time.Until then, I am keeping the Note 7. I'm not going to downgrade to a different phone, just because VZW wants to play dumb.

skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T announced the v20 will be released on Oct. 28th - and it's available for preorder pre-order on both AT&T and T-Mobile. So could I trade in my Note 7 for whatever and exchange that phone (within the 14 days of course) for the v20? Assuming you keep up with your competitors as far as a release date...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you return a device within 14 days I believe you still have to pay a restocking fee of $35. I haven't stayed up on activation fees these days, but if there are still activation fees you'll end up paying those twice.

If you don't see a release date with Verizon, I wouldn't count on it.

0 Likes
RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

My honest opinion is that Verizon isn't hyping up the V20 because they are the only carrier to get the Pixel and that's their primary focus right now.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the V20 silently slipped into the lineup on 10/28 (possibly without a pre-order option).

gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is the way I see it. We should not have to burn our Upgrade on a phone that we really dont want. Since we have to return the Note 7 and the reason why we have to return them is out of our hands, we should be allowed to hold on to our upgrade and use it on something we really want and not settle for the 2nd rate devices that are out now. If the s7 or s7 edge is what you want us to migrate toward to replace the Note 7, then you should allow us to have those devices as loaners until something we actually want comes out

DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm fighting with Verizon on this exact point, I used my upgrade to get the note 7, now I have to get a lesser phone...downgrade. I don't mind paying the monthly payments for a note 5 or s7edge, but to reset my contract to another 2 years is crazy...let me have my old contract reset like before I got the note 7, so that I can upgrade when another phone comes out with out having to pay out the [Removed]...

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

We always want to provide you with the best device options. We never want you to settle for less. You have the option to return or exchange your Note 7. If you exchange your Note 7, you would utilize your upgrade option. You would be able to pick from our current device inventory. If you return the device, you'll be able to take advantage of your upgrade at a later time. By taking advantage of a return, you will be refunded for any costs that was associated with your Note 7 purchase.

0 Likes
MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suggest everyone call Verizon as it is apparent that Verizon is not mot willing to help there customers. I have spoke with Verizon and have told them what Verizon is doing with our upgrade status and the fact that they are putting the blame for the upgrade status on Samsung. They are going to look into a resolution and follow up. Everyone please give them a call. If the prerecorded message says note 7 recall info respond with no. Ask for customer service for device tech support. Only way to get a live person on the phone. Verizon isn't going to fight for us so Let's do it ourself.

0 Likes
adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

Diredup, this is not at all how we want you to feel. I do want to help you with all your options so you can stay. I apologize but at this time, we do not have any info on the LG  V20 at this time. You can check out our lineup of devices here Cell Phones & Smartphones - Compare Cell Phones | Verizon Wireless . Please let us know if you have any questions about other devices.

0 Likes
prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

In what world are the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge even remotely easily comparable phones? If that's the case, why did samsung even come out with the note 7.....the only thing comparable on those phones are the number 7's. That is literally the only thing aside from the samsung name, that these phones have in common.

And i completely agree, I get it, y'all are more then willing to do preorders for the pixel.....great, but most of us don't want pixels, most of us at the very least want a phone with expandable memory and a camera that at least comes close to the quality of the note7.  Why not go ahead and release the preorder for the LG v20, which clearly seems to be a winner with most note7 owners, as far as being an acceptable option. If y'all don't than it is rather apparent, that no, Verizon does not care about what it's customers have to say, plain and simple. You keep telling us that you care, well if you care, than listen!! It is a rather lost art, but it seems the other cell companies are willing to do so. Being that this "samsung" hiccup will be leaving me with a do over on my contract, and it just so happening that now all of my lines will be out of contract, come the 28th , when the LG v20 will be available with other companies (or even before, since they're allowing preorders), I will be switching. If you can't be expected to listen to your customers, than don't expect customers that have been loyal to your company for years and years, over price hikes and data crushing numbers, to stay loyal any longer either. Believe me, those that want the pixel, are in the preorders......those that aren't happy with the pixels specs, are aiming for the LG v20.