How many other Galaxy Note 2 owners have the Samsung account sync disabled?
GraficArtist

After 2 weeks with Samsung support both on-line and inperson at their Samsung experience shop at Best Buy. I found out that the issue is on the Verizon side. Samsung support team were very pleasant and tried several things with me. Their personnel found out that a VZW update disabled the the GN2 ability to sync with the Samsung account. I've had a Samsung acct for years. Also note my Samsung acct sync with my wife's Galaxy S3 (which is also Verizion).

Verizon must look into this because of the lost of syncing features. We need more Galaxy Note 2 users to speak up. If enough respond Verison will fix it.

here's a link to see other GN2 users on Android central having this same issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/251644-note-2-samsung-account-sync-disabled.h...

0 Likes
Re: How many other Galaxy Note 2 owners have the Samsung account sync disabled?
GraficArtist

Really no one else has a sync issue with their Samsung Acct?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i suspect there just aren't that many people who use it. you can sync just about anything with google or other accounts. i don't have the issue because my note ii isn't exactly standard issue/stock , so it works on mine.

it looked like that thread gave a solution, unless those people who figured it out were not using verizon note ii's??

0 Likes
GraficArtist

Thanks for your input, but the thread didn't provide answer. I've been talking with Samsung through their Facebook page (Very good support I might add they have been able to replicate my issue and are looking for a solution. If you don't mind create an Samsung acct. I believe at least if you register with them you get a 50% code off of accessories. Then try linking your special Note to see if it syncs. Then kindly report your findings here,

Thanks!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you're right. no go. i assumed since i had the original build (no updates) from verizon and you had mentioned that a verizon update is what caused it, that it would work, but it does not. i also thought i had actually connected before, but i was thinking of kies (which does work).

0 Likes
jpark2479
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't sync with my samsung account and it's really affecting my views of Verizon. Why is it that other carrier versions of the note 2 don't have the extra 5 gigs of memory taken up in the miscellaneous section, why it it that that other carriers allow their note 2 to be connected to kies via pc...

0 Likes
lemonly

I was having the same problem (can't sync my Samsung Account) with my Note 2 when I came across this thread.

1.  Thanks for posting as this at least explains what's going on.

2.  Any suggestions on how we can best tell VZW they need to fix this issue? 

(I'll send in requests where I can, but if you have thoughts on one method being better than another, would love the guidance.)

Thx

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did this ever get resolved? I still am getting sync disabled.

0 Likes