How to combine "Messages" & "Messenger" into One App for Viewing All Messages?
CARICCVJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Note 8. Ever since I upgraded to this new phone, I have been experiencing problems viewing my text (SMS and MMS) messages using "ONLY" one app. I have to switch between the "Messenger" and "Messages" apps on my phone every time (and change the default setting), in order to read and to ensure that I have received all my messages.

It is becoming quite confusing, which of my friends is using the "Messenger" or "Messages" app and who is receiving my messages and who is not. I have also noticed that several friends are using the "Messages" app and do not receive my initial texts when sent from "Messenger". Any Suggestions? … Please HELP! Thanks!

Tags (1)
Re: How to combine "Messages" & "Messenger" into One App for Viewing All Messages?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I believe that messenger is a totally different messaging app that runs from facebook.I have some people that I can't txt to if that is the only app they have. I am not sure if there is an app that can communicate between both apps but if there is I am sure someone will come on here and tell us.

I think if you set the message app as your default you should still get the txt from messenger. At least it did on my S5 not sure if it will with your Note 8

0 Likes
Re: How to combine "Messages" & "Messenger" into One App for Viewing All Messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARICCVJ1, making sure you are able to receive all of your messages as seamless as possible is very important. I am here to assist. We will need more information to provide insight on your issue. Can you provide more information on the Messages and the Messenger apps you are using? Are these apps that came pre-installed on your device or are these apps you downloaded?  Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too, and I understand your desire to read all your messages with one application. While we do not support third applications not created by Verizon, you can use the Facebook Messenger to read your regular text messages too. When you first install the Facebook Messenger on your phone you will be presented with the option to use it to receive your regular text messages. Please note that we do not provide support for non-Verizon applications and if the application does not work as intended you will need to contact Facebook for support with it.

We recommend that you use the Verizon Message+ (http://spr.ly/6581DmeBH) application for your SMS and MMS messages.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes