How to get credited for Note7 accessories
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ended up going to the corporate store to place an online order for two different phones to replace my two Note7 devices and ask about the process. While I am not thrilled with having to pay $40 in upgrade fees and taxes out of pocket, I was told the upgrade fees and taxes/payments for the Note7s will be reimbursed once the Note7s are returned. However, what is not clear to me, nor the associates or store manager, is how exactly will my account be credited for the 3 cases, 2 screen protectors, and four chargers that I purchased from Verizon will occur (as they are useless now).

I am very dissatisfied with the lack of clear answers from Verizon and am seriously considering making a change to a different carrier, regardless of cost. Anybody else dealing with this confusion or have any answers?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get credited for Note7 accessories
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I absolutely have answers for you to continue as our valued customer, LISHRODGIRUEZ. This recall is the first of its kind and I certainly don’t want it to cause a rift between us. We will be sending a specialized recovery box to ship the Note 7 back to ensure you can receive the credit for the equipment charges, taxes, and any down payment you may have made. If you purchased accessories designed to work only with the Galaxy Note7 (e.g., Note7 case, Note7 screen protector) from Verizon directly, you will automatically be credited and the accessories do not need to be returned.  Your safety is paramount and I appreciate everyone’s feedback regarding this unexpected recall.

For more details as they become available, please keep checking https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here. I haven't done anything yet as there are no comparable phones ti switch to. But there is no clear instructions on how to receive credit for any accessories. In my case, I only have a wireless charger, but still that's like $50.

I want to switch to either Pixel XL or LG v20 but they are both too far out to be available as a replacement... I don't know how to avoid my wallet getting ravaged to step down to a worse phone...

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also frustrating is the fact that Verizon is only handling these returns via an online upgrade, where the other wireless carriers are doing this in store. Why is Verizon making this process so difficult?

jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand this debacle is not VZW's fault, however, it is time for them to step up and take care of their customers. Being asked to downgrade (because that is what is happening with any of the available options), pay full price for the downgrade due to something that is out of our control, lose money on accessories purchased for the Note 7, and to lose our "upgrade" for two years for a device that the majority of us do not want is totally unacceptable. Those of us affected by this need to be offered a discount on our "downgrade". We also need to keep our upgrade option so we can have the opportunity to get our hands on a device that we actually want in the future, be it the S8 or Note 8 (or similar device) once they are available, without penalty or additional fees. This could be handled MUCH better with little additional effort on the part of VZW.

jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I absolutely have answers for you to continue as our valued customer, LISHRODGIRUEZ. This recall is the first of its kind and I certainly don’t want it to cause a rift between us. We will be sending a specialized recovery box to ship the Note 7 back to ensure you can receive the credit for the equipment charges, taxes, and any down payment you may have made. If you purchased accessories designed to work only with the Galaxy Note7 (e.g., Note7 case, Note7 screen protector) from Verizon directly, you will automatically be credited and the accessories do not need to be returned.  Your safety is paramount and I appreciate everyone’s feedback regarding this unexpected recall.

For more details as they become available, please keep checking https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

JmColter, we understand that this has been a hard situation for you to endure. It is our goal to work with every customer in order to resolve this. We definitely are not taking away you ability to upgrade to a phone that you want in the future. You can return the Note 7 and have your device payment agreement cancelled or 2 year upgrade adjusted. Any accessories specifically for the Note 7 can be returned if you wish, but will automatically be credited upon receiving your Note 7, and don't have to returned. Are there any other questions or concerns that you have about this?

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

marcuss_vzw,

So, if I return my Note 7 and replace it with say a Galaxy S7 Edge, I will not be tied into a new two-year agreement based on that device from what you are saying? As such, if I'm reading your post correctly, I could upgrade to let's say a Galaxy S8 when they become available in possibly March without having to pay any additional fees or incurring any penalties? Am I understanding correctly that you're saying that my "upgrade eligibility" will remain intact AFTER I switch to a replacement device?

Also, the accessories I own were NOT purchased through VZW and were purchased through 3rd party retailers. Are these accessories still eligible for reimbursement?

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Jmcolter, I want to make sure we are on the same page to avoid any confusion. If you exchange the Note 7 for another phone then you will start a completely different agreement, in which you will have until you are eligible for another upgrade.

If you return the Note 7 and go back to using a previous phone or one that you borrow from a friend then your current agreement will be cancelled, so that when the next phone arrives you can go and upgrade like normal.

Any accessories bought through a third party company have to be returned to that company and refunded at that manager's discretion. If you purchased any accessories directly through Verizon then we can credit those, because we can verify that in our order system.

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, those of us who no longer have an old phone to fall back on or have a "friends phone to use" (seriously, that's VZW's solution?) are basically being screwed by having to go to an inferior device (that we don't want) and be stuck with said inferior device for two years? Awesome. Great customer service!

I believe it's time to start looking at a different carrier after being a Verizon customer since 2003.

LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Jennifer,

The three cases, two screen protectors and four chargers (all usb-c which will not work with the S7 edge) were all purchased from Verizon. I want assurance that ALL of these will be credited, and want to know when that credit will occur.