How to make it where others can't see I read their message?
MISSKATMARIE

I have a Galaxy Note 5, and use Verizon Messages.

I currently have the "Send Read Receipts" unchecked, but I don't know if it being unchecked means others can't see that I've read their message? I just don't like it when others can see that I have read their message, because sometimes I take awhile to reply and I don't want them to get the wrong idea as to why I've read it but don't respond for awhile.

0 Likes
Re: How to make it where others can't see I read their message?
bearone21
Legend

i just looked & don't see any place to check "send read receipts" in my note5 default message app.

0 Likes
Re: How to make it where others can't see I read their message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand now wanting others to think the wrong thing, MISSKATMARIE. I feel the same way. With any messaging app, you may not be able to control what they see when they send you a message. Some apps show only Sent, some only Delivered, some do show Read. It's a matter of how they have their phone set up. However, the best way to avoid them seeing whether you read the message or not, would be to leave that box unchecked, (Send Read Receipts). Although it's not guaranteed, it's less likely to show up.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes