How to stop the Lollipop install on Note 4 after it accidentally started in my pocket(by powering on/install now) & removing the battery doesn't work?
meeeeeeee
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Note 4 accidentally powered on in my pocket and the annoying Verizon/Samsung lollipop update screen also started to install. I've been so careful not to install because the last thing I want is Lollipop to ruin my phone.. So i pulled out the battery immediately hoping but no luck as once the battery was in it started installing again so I pulled it out.. Please help as my luck with all prior Android updates since day 1 has been awful..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop the Lollipop install on Note 4 after it accidentally started in my pocket(by powering on/install now) & removing the battery doesn't work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
meeeeeeee,

We certainly want you to have a phone that works at all times. You will not be able to stop the software update, but there are a whole slew of great changes on the new software. I recommend allowing the update to finish. If you happen to have issues with your device afterwards, please let us know! We'd be happy to help iron out any troubles.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to stop the Lollipop install on Note 4 after it accidentally started in my pocket(by powering on/install now) & removing the battery doesn't work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
meeeeeeee,

We certainly want you to have a phone that works at all times. You will not be able to stop the software update, but there are a whole slew of great changes on the new software. I recommend allowing the update to finish. If you happen to have issues with your device afterwards, please let us know! We'd be happy to help iron out any troubles.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes