I am from USA and was told the Note 4 is unlocked, it is not!!!
fireball9298
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am from USA and was told the Note 4 is unlocked, it is not!!!  I am in Germany now and have no phone!  I put in SIM card from here and it tells me to enter SIM unlock code.  I cant even sign into my Verizon bc it tells me it wants to send a PIN verification code text which I cant receive bc my phone is in airplane mode and im not taking it out and getting charged ridiculous fees!  What am I supposed to do now!  I have been with Verizon for 10years!  I need help!  This phone forum is literally my only hope left, please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am from USA and was told the Note 4 is unlocked, it is not!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here to help fireball9298.

I know how important it is to stay connected while traveling. I want to ensure that you can use your Note 4. All our 4G devices are unlocked and if your phone is requesting a code please try 000000 or 123456.  Keep us posted if you need any addtional assistance.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here to help fireball9298.

I know how important it is to stay connected while traveling. I want to ensure that you can use your Note 4. All our 4G devices are unlocked and if your phone is requesting a code please try 000000 or 123456.  Keep us posted if you need any addtional assistance.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fireball9298
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay so I tried 0000 earlier today and now tried 000000 and it tells me I have 1 attempt left.  What's happens after that!?!?  What if it's not 123456???

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Are you sure it's a Verizon version? Verizon is the only carrier that is unlocked from factory and they are actually required to by US regulation

fireball9298
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought the phone from verizon, it had a verizon SIM card in it originally.  It has verizon on the back of the phone.  It is verizon.  Tell me, is it possible the SIM card itself is locked?  Also Verizon, please answer me with what will happen if I enter a 3rd wrong pin?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It will lock the phone down. Then you have to send it in to Samsung for repair.

Your phone should be unlocked. They come unlocked out of the box per regulation. If yours is locked then you need to talk to Samsung as they locked it down on their own accord.

fireball9298
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can someone give me the proper #to call for Samsung?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

From Germany

Phone 0180 6 SAMSUNG or 0180 6 7267864

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 21: 00 clock

Saturday: 09:00 - 17:00 clock

From US

0 Likes
fireball9298
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like to please hear from Verizon again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your phone is able to work both outside the country and when you return is crucial, fireball9298. It's very possible that your SIM card is what's locked. Are you getting this message when inserting the local SIM, or your Verizon SIM?

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes