I am having a problem with sending text messages to ONE contact
1saraknight

We were texting just fine until Sunday night. We text several times a day.

As of Monday a text will not go through to my daughters phone. I have done a system reset on my phone, I have cleared the system cache, I tried a different message app, cleared the app cache for the verizon message  app, I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon tech supportthis morning talking to 3 or 4 different people.

I removed her as a contact and deleted our message thread, restarted my phone and tried to send a text via direct dial--didn't work. I can not send a text to this number via my note 4 OR the verizon messaging app on my computer. She is on AT&T. She also spent time on the phone with her carrier going through a lot of steps to figure out if the problem was on her end. They say it is a problem on my end.

I had done no system updates or added new apps between going to bed Sunday after our last message and waking up Monday not being able to text her.

Any ideas ?

0 Likes
Re: I am having a problem with sending text messages to ONE contact
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Do you use any apps to block calls or texts from people or maybe have a caller ID app that also has it in their app. I would research that. As to me it seems an app on your phone is blocking you. Reason I say that is when you do a system restore on your phone the apps that were saved on your phone via the cloud or even in google playstore sometimes adds them back automatically when you load your account back on there. Here is just a suggestion to try and see if it is on Verizon end or the phone and apps itself. Make a new gmail account on the computer. Then reset your phone and clear cache out and use that gmail address on your phone instead of your current google account and see if you can then send a text. If you can then it is an app that is downloading that is blocking you. That is what it sounds like to me more than anything.

0 Likes
1saraknight

Ok. I did what you suggested. I created a new Gmail account. I reset my phone and cleared the cache. I set my phone to the new Gmail account and then tried to send a text message to the problem contact number.  It did not solve my issue. The texts still don't make it through. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Ok it has to be on Verizons end then. Log in to your account and see if maybe it was blocked accidently. In my account you can block numbers from being able to contact you and you contact them. If you are on someone elses account then they would have to log in and see. Maybe it was done by error. If not it has to be Verizon themselves I am thinking.

0 Likes
1saraknight

Yes. I have logged into my Verizon account and you can block up to 5 numbers for 90 days....as I understand it. There are no blocked numbers on my account.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

If someone else is on your Verizon account tell them to try and message them and see if they have issues.

0 Likes
1saraknight

My husband and I are on the same account. She can receive texts from him.

0 Likes