Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I am thinking of changing companies to an aarp one to save money, will the sim card that they will send me allow my note 2 to work with it, ?
mrbeyer

Hi  I am trying to save money now that i am on a fixed income , and i was talking with the rep from another phone co, he said i could probably use my note 2 and he would send me a sim card for it at no cost. I thought verizion used a different setup on thiere phones so you couldn't use it with another carrier. so my questiion is does anybody know if this sim card will allow it to work on another carriewr?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: I am thinking of changing companies to an aarp one to save money, will the sim card that they will send me allow my note 2 to work with it, ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mrbeyer,

We don't want to see you leave!  We can certainly review your account and see what pricing options we can come up with for you.  To answer your question; all Verizon 4G phones are unlocked.  There is nothing preventing you from using another sim card in the device.  However, we can't guarantee that it will function properly on another network.  Here is more on our unlocking policy; http://vz.to/VR8Xxd .

Let us know if we can further assist!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am thinking of changing companies to an aarp one to save money, will the sim card that they will send me allow my note 2 to work with it, ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mrbeyer,

We don't want to see you leave!  We can certainly review your account and see what pricing options we can come up with for you.  To answer your question; all Verizon 4G phones are unlocked.  There is nothing preventing you from using another sim card in the device.  However, we can't guarantee that it will function properly on another network.  Here is more on our unlocking policy; http://vz.to/VR8Xxd .

Let us know if we can further assist!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes