I don't want Android 4.4 Kitkat
Jibberuski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read the new features and I've looked at the issues people are having.  I just don't want to deal with it.

I keep getting a popup window prompting me to upgrade.  I can press the back button to make it go away, but it keeps coming back several times a day.  How do I make it stop without upgrading?

Re: I don't want Android 4.4 Kitkat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jibberuski

I completely understand how important it is to have the features you know and like on your phone. The software update, however, is required by your device manufacturer and will continue to be presented during the update roll-out. Based on previous software updates, there may come a time when the update will perform itself and an option to dismiss it will no longer be available.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jibberuski
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.  I can understand security patches being mandatory, but an operating system change is usually a big deal and should never be mandatory.  The link on the message goes to Verizon Wireless though, but you’re saying that update is being pushed by Samsung?  How can the phone hardware manufacturer have the authority to push Google software to a Verizon Wireless customer?  Hidden somewhere in the user agreement?

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in the same boat - ten times a day for the last week I've been hitting the back button to get rid of the annoying popup about the dreaded Kitkat 4.4.2 that is loaded with bugs, not to mention the new Android restrictions against using your SD card.  I don't want it at all, and it's hard to imagine why google, Samsung & Verizon would release such problematic software that breaks your phone in so many ways.  It should have been skipped entirely, as I've read that 4.4.3 is in testing already & is intended to fix 3 dozen issues with the previous version they are trying to force on us.  I was perfectly happy with my Note 3 until this version from he'll raised its ugly head.

0 Likes
Jibberuski
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the frequency of the popups, it was only a matter of time.  I was trying to tap something else when the install button appeared under my finger.  This whole thing is underhanded.

0 Likes
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

That's exactly what I'm afraid of, and living in fear is no fun.  Isn't putting someone in fear the legal definition of assault? - I certainly feel like I'm being assaulted anyway.  Now I am wondering, if I am lucky enough to survive the daily assault, will I still be able to get the 4.4.3 update when it comes out?

0 Likes
jonniezoomsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Put up with pressing the back button to make it go away, I didn't and now my phone is locked with an error code that there's unauthorized software on it.

I don't even know where to get unauthorized software. There's something very wrong with the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonniezoomsmom lets solve this mystery and get your device running properly! What is the specifc error message that you receive? Do you get it with a certain activity or randomly?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jonniezoomsmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am up and running as Verizon replaced my phone. I posted the results in this topic.

System software not authorized by verizon wireless has been found on your phone. please turn off your phone and go to the nearest verizon wireless store for help. in Android.

Now my replacement phone is asking me to update the software.

Has it been fixed yet? I keep reading about so many problems. How long can I ignore the updates?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear that you received your replacement phone, jonniezoomsmom. There hasn't been a second update, so I would suggest holding off on running it. There are no time limits on how long it can be ignored.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes