I dont have extra money
JIMCAM11

I cant afford to pay any more money for taxes, downgrade fee, etc.... So what do I do?  I held out for this phone.  I realize Verizon had no control over what happened but why should I be punished?

0 Likes
Re: I dont have extra money
justcatharine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree completely and have already emailed the US Consumer Product Safety Commission to let them know how Verizon is handling this.  People shouldn't be stuck with these phones because they can't afford more fees/taxes.

As for me, I went online through best buy to downgrade to an s7 edge.  They did charge taxes (around $47) but no "upgrade" fee.  And I got a free crappy Samsung tv with it.  Just a thought. 

JIMCAM11

Still no reply from Verizon????

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

AMEN

0 Likes
JIMCAM11

You know... With news like the following coming out, you would think Verizon would try to be more Customer Service friendly and not trying Predatory Pricing to take advantage of the Note 7 customers.

The bottom line was evident in Verizon’s top line, as it reported disappointing third quarter results on Thursday. Revenue in Verizon’s wireless unit dropped 4% to $22.1 billion as the carrier lost a net 36,000 regular monthly phone subscribers, also known as postpaid subscribers. It was Verizon’s first-ever drop in postpaid phone subscribers in a third quarter period, traditionally a strong quarter for adding customers. Wall Street analysts had expected a net addition of over 200,000.

OCTOBER 20, 2016, 11:48 AM EDT

0 Likes