I feel like I have been victimized twice, first samsung then verizon
idahojoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today was my third trip to my verizon corporate store in regard to my note 7. Trip 1 - turn in note 4, get note 7. Trip 2 - replace note 7 for one that does not catch fire. Trip 3 - replace note 7 due to recall. First concern - my upgrade eligibility option/date. 2nd concern - why do I have to shell out a $20 upgrade fee for a downgrade to a lesser phone and shell out tax again without an immediate refund of my prior expense.

I have been a verizon customer for 13 years and this is how they treat customer loyalty? Give me a break!! I was even remaining loyal to samsung by downgrading to the S7 edge ( which are not available) but samsung wants me to immediately power down my existing phone. That's a great CYA for samsung but leaves me without a phone. This entire fiasco is beyond belief and is being handled very poorly by verizon and samsung. I SEE A CLASS ACTION SUIT IN THE MAKING!! BYE, BYE VERIZON (AND SAMSUNG)

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I feel like I have been victimized twice, first samsung then verizon
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

TSARYTSIN,

We know this has been a big hassle for a lot of our customers. We want to make sure everyone is credited back for there phone taxes and fees. In regards to the credit you will receive the refunded tax fee with in 1 to 2 billing cycles. Due to the massive returns and recall situation there is a slight delay in getting the refunds credited back in the system. However, we are working hard to get this rectified. Thank you for your patience as we work on this concern.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I'm sorry you feel this way idahojoe . We truly appreciate you being with us for a long time. I know this process is becoming frustrating but we are here to help because we don't want to lose you with our family. If you're able to order a new phone, the process is considered a brand new upgrade order. The fee's you paid with your Note7 will eventually be credited. We would never do you wrong or ask you to pay more.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

KinquanaH_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
idahojoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem with the word "eventually". If I informed Verizon that I would eventually pay their bill I bet Verizon would have a problem with that word also. I should be able to walk into a corporate store, hand them the note7 and receive an immediate credit for all that I have paid in regard to that phone, including Verizon accessories that I purchased. Once I get MY money back I can then complete the replacement phone transaction. Seems like a standard business practice and a straight forward approach to me.

Staceybess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing with us over here! Verizon is horrible with their customer service - they go by notes that half the people don't even add in when discussed. Here's my situation similar to yours!

so 2 of us on my family share plan ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - ordering the phone itself was a terrible experience b/c i was told (while i was making the purchase) that giving my credit card was just for an authorization, and as soon as i was done with the purchase i saw about $150.00 came out of my account for the taxes on the 2 phones.  I immediately called back and complained and they saw in the live written chat that I was told that, and I was issued a $25.00 credit for inconvenience, but was still out $150.00 that i hadnt planned on paying until my next billing cycle...but i swallowed that - 3 or 4 days later it started to come out in the news that the phones were exploding...and then several more days had passed and there was a recall issued.  I called in to Verizon to arrange for the exchange of the phone and I was told that i would have to again lay out the tax money and that "when they figure out what they are going to do with the phones, i would get a refund of the prior tax money I had paid"...WHAT!?!?  I HAVE TO LAY OUT MORE MONEY WHEN THIS WASNT MY FAULT!?!?!...so I decided to hold onto the phone a little longer...when it then came out in the news that even the Note 7 replacement phones were exploding, I decided that this could no longer wait.  I then got an email from Verizon stating that fees associated with the phone would be waived and I could go into any local authorized retailer and pick a phone of my choice.   So....I then noticed a $72.00 credit on my bill and 5GB bonus data...i wrote in to the live chat (which i saved the transcript for) where a gentleman explained that they were sales credits (assumingly $36x2 for the upgrade fees on the 2 Note 7s)...OK GREAT! THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET BETTER!...he explained to me that I should go ahead and go into my local retailer and get a new phone...so i did so last night, first of all the customer service agent explained to me that she absolutely cannot take the phone back at the store and that if I wanted her to order me a new phone from there (b/c apparently there is no Samsung or iPhone stock in all of Nassau County, NY) that I would have to lay out the tax money and fees again...OUTRAGEOUS!!!  WHY IS MORE MONEY COMING OUT OF MY POCKET?!?!...so we called in to your customer service center, on a recorded line, to discuss giving this phone back without out shelling out any more money than we already had...after almost 2 HOURS of torture, the very nice and patient gentlman that we spoke to sent out loaner phones to us, sent out boxes for us to return the Note 7, and put us in line to get the new Google phone when it launches sometime next week...he explained to us that we might see some changes to our bill NEXT BILLING CYCLE, but that when we returned the Note 7 and the loaner phones that it would all be reversed.  Then today came...and I saw the $72.00 credit for the upgrade fees (which in the Verizon email explained in writing that all those fees were being waived) was REVERSED!!!!!!   ...so i wrote in to the live chat where the woman explained to me that "i wasnt supposed to see that credit this month and it was a mistake that I saw it and i should be getting it back sometime next month....so i called in and spoke to "Brittnay" (who was very nice) and she explained to me that the only person who can reverse a credit is the person who issued it and she doesnt know what happened and that the reversal of that charge could be considered fraud on verizon's part b/c i confirmed the credit with 2 people and then suddenly it was reversed...she promises that in the next 24 hours I should see the credit and as well hear back from her via telephone.  I must have spent close to 10 hours total so far just trying to get a safe phone back to me without shelling out more money, which as far as i am concerned I have already paid for 2 phones!!!!!!!!!  The treatment of your customers throughout this ordeal is outrageous....everyday its a different story....everyday the burden is placed on the customer....and everyday your offices are doing little, other than trying to get your customers to lay out more money, to resolve the issue.  So here i am now....Note 7 still in hand, aggrivated, still no credits as promised, loaner phone and Note 7 return box still not here, 10+ hours of time sucked out of my life simply trying to return a phone and get my money back....still still still....i wonder how you are going to compensate your customers Verizon Staceybess

tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's all [Removed] at this point. My suggestion would be to keep the Note7 (I'm sure it'll be fine) until a phone is released that you want to upgrade to. I was told that I can keep it until I find a replacement I want

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Hi IdahoJoe.... I had the same discussion on the very first recall a while back with the same subject/topic. 

Good that you bring up this topic again. Yes, i'd called ourselves victims in this case!!

Beside the monetary lost (taxes and purchased paid for), we lost on the time (say, if my hourly paid being $20), and also the trips back and forth to the verizon stores.

Same idea as to

JOYEP
Enthusiast - Level 1

My problem is very similar. I bought my first Note7 online. After the first recall, I took the first Note7 in to the store, got replacement Note7, no problem.  Second recall I took my replacement Note7 back to the store, was told I had to "upgrade" to the S7 Edge. I was charged $299 for the phone, and $40 upgrade fee (yes, AFTER I already paid an upgrade fee to get the first Note7).

Then, I was told that they couldn't return the Note7 to Samsung, that I now have to contact Samsung to get a box for the return, and that SAMSUNG will send me a refund that I can THEN apply toward my bill for the "upgrade" to the S7 Edge. No mention of the $100 credit I was supposed to receive for "upgrading" to a Samsung product.

In total, I've so far paid over $600 and still have an unusable Note7 in my possession.

PATDOR46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Huge class action suit on the horizon... Verizon

0 Likes
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have yet to be refunded any taxes or upgrade fees for my two Note 7 purchases. I did get a $72 credit on my account also but that was a refund of the two $36 payments on the phones, not the upgrade charges.

0 Likes
W1seone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am dealing with almost the same situation. I bought the note 7 returned it for a S7 temporarily and then got my replacement note 7. Not they are trying to charge me 800.00 for the S7 edge cause i changed my plan during all of this.  I have called and been lied to.  I've spent hours in the store and still have not resolved it.  The funniest part of my situation is they want me to return the 800 S7 Edge to the store and they will do an even exchange from my note 7 to the S7 edge. So basically I'm giving them the S7 and then getting it right back.  Well that's what they say we will see if they lied again.  I have been with verizon for years myself. I am a good customer pays on time every month and this is how I'm treated.  Like this is my fault.  I used to like verizon now I'm so disappointed.  And my issue is still not resolved.  They are forcing me to keep the note 7. Great job verizon let me risk my life cause your trying to get more money out of this recall.