I have a Samsung Note 4,
rcbridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently (about 3 or 4 months) my phone wants to connect to the local Wi-Fi (mostly the Xfinity I am an Xfinity customer), I may be in the middle of doing something with the phone and suddenly it tries to connect to Wi-Fi the screen changes and eventually states that it can't connect. I then turned off the Wi-Fi and location functions, through the settings screen then later they are back on (I did not manually do this).

For the last few months my data usage has been extremely high and when I check the data usage it shows a lot of data usage when I am asleep.

Other then turning the phone off at night I am not sure what to do!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a Samsung Note 4,
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! When a wi-fi connect does dormant or if the signal is weak the device will connect to the VZW network. Do you have Auto Network Switch enabled: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122193/ ?
AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, let's look into this! It appears to be 2 separate issues that needto be addressed. Firstly, the inability to stay connected to wi-fi and secondly, identify what is running in the background that could be using data while you're sleep.

Do you have trouble staying connected to all w-fi netowrks? This wonderful DAta ultilization tool will help you identify how the data is being consumed:http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/
AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcbridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

The first part of the question is no, once I am locked onto Wi-Fi, it does not turn off unless I manually disconnect it.

I looked at the data utilization tool, it shows most of the data utilization being used for social media and web and apps, it doesn't specify the exact apps. Again a lot of that usage is when I am sleep and not using the phone.

Also I purchased this phone in the summer and this activity just started about 2 months ago.

Is there a tool to shut the services off manually?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! When a wi-fi connect does dormant or if the signal is weak the device will connect to the VZW network. Do you have Auto Network Switch enabled: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122193/ ?
AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes