I just found this out
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got off the phone with Samsung and explained to them what Verizon was doing to us Note owners as far as making us turn the phones and and not refunding our money until later. They also told me that if we decided to just exchange the phone it should be a 1 for 1 exchange for the S7 or S7 edge. We should not be charged any taxes or upgrade fees. She told me this is the very conversation that Samsung is having with Verizon because this was not the agreement between the 2 of them. She told me that we are supposed to get the $100 bill credit if we pick another Samsung device and that we should be credited the amount of difference between the 2 phones. This

So it seems as if Verizon is doing their own thing here. Making their own rules with this recall. Those of you who were forced to upgrade already and paid the upgrade fee and or taxes, please look into this. This is not right Verizon. Not right at all. This is a way to lose customers.

0 Likes
Re: I just found this out
mama23dogs
Legend

Can you get Samsung to send you some kind of official email on the procedure? 

Because, you are right Verizon is doing their own thing and it doesn't seem right. 

0 Likes
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Samsung back last night to verify the process and they in turn called Verizon while i was on the phone with them to inform them that they had me on the line and told that the way in which they were handling things were not correct. The Samsung Rep patched me in to the conversation with the Verizon rep to discuss.

Basically this is what is going to happen. In the end Verizon is supposed to rebate you back the taxes and upgrade fee on the first transaction for the Note 7, then they are supposed to do the same for the replacement device in which you decide to get. If it turns out to be another Samsung device then you will also get $100 bill credit if something else you only get $25. So this is Verizon's solution to the problem even thought they aren't supposed to be charging us anything upfront at all. Its supposed to be an even 1 for 1 exchange with you getting credited back the difference in price from the 2 devices.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

If I remember from what I heard during the first recall, this was also the process and actually how it was being done when people were exchanging their bad Notes for the "Safe" Notes.  Can't argue what Samsung is saying makes sense, and in the long run would have been the easier solution.  Not sure why the stores are pushing back and not taking the 7s back.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That bugs me.  One customer wrote he drove 2 hours to a Verizon store to return his phone.  They wouldn't take it, said they would mail a box.   WHY VERIZON?

Other carriers are taking back phones, Best Buy, Target, etc... Bit not Verizon.