I lost Bluetooth functions after an update. Car stereo no longer shows info.
TJGINDY

My Note 8 did an update today N950USQU3CRC2 today and now my car stereo head unit no longer shows any info on the screen. I do have audio. This is definitely a result of the update today because it was working perfect. I did the update but lost functions after the phone reset. Normally

my Kenwood head unit automatically connects to my phone and Pandora auto starts displaying all song info on my head unit. Now it does not auto connect or show song info, however as I stated I do have all sound and call functions. I connected my old Note 3 and it worked normal. 

0 Likes
Re: I lost Bluetooth functions after an update. Car stereo no longer shows info.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to make the most of your car audio, TJGINDY. The software on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was recently upgraded to Android 8 Oreo. When devices undergo major software updates, there are sometimes compatibility issues when they are connected to devices that previously worked well together. How old is the Kenwood head unit? Do you know if there is a software update available for the head unit, or if it is even possible to update the software? Since you are able to connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to the Kenwood head unit without issue, we know that pre-Android Oreo devices still work well with the head unit. Are you able to connect another device with Android Oreo to the head unit, possibly one that is not a Samsung Galaxy Note 8?

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: I lost Bluetooth functions after an update. Car stereo no longer shows info.
bearone21
Legend

re-boot & re-pair!!

0 Likes