I'm getting no notification of voicemail messages.
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased the Galaxy Note 8 from Verizon last month I realize I'm getting no notification of voicemail messages. Several callers have left messages and I had no way of knowing. I checked under Settings/ Notifications and Voicemail is allowed but still I get no notifications. How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: I'm getting no notification of voicemail messages.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a voicemail app on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

Is there a voicemail app on the phone?

Yes, I listened to the messages by selecting Voicemail under Contacts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail application wouldn't be under the Contacts application. It was a separate application.

If you just use the basic non-visual voicemail, check the voicemail preferences to turn on the notifications while dialed into the system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your patience throughout this, cadre.216. Congratulations on purchasing a new device. I know how important it is to be able to access your voicemail. Here's detailed information and how to access your voicemail on your device. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103572 Also, please dial *86 from your device and let me if you can access your voicemail. Please keep me updated.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cadre.216,we want to ensure that investigate what is going on with your voicemail system. Let's work together to solve the mystery.  How do you access your voicemail? Do you Dial *86 or use the Voicemail icon on the phone? Let’s make sure your mobile / cellular data is working. First, turn off Wi-Fi, and then try to browse the internet or use an app that requires a data connection, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Were you able to browse the internet or use the app successfully?

-TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes