I need to unlock my galaxy note 4 to use with another carrier temporarily. Can someone help me plz?
peralesc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am going on a very long road trip and during this trip I will need to temporarily change my carrier from verizon to Tmobile.  I was told that there was no unlock code because they came unlocked from the manufacturer.  However now that I am using TMobile I am very limited to what I can do. I am Mostly effected because I can't send pic msgs via text and most of all I cannot use my data at all.  I can only use the internet when I have wifi access and I need to be able to access the internet 24/7 in order to get directions and traffic info etc.  Can someone please tell me how to unlock my note 4 completely because this is very vital to my safety and support while traveling.  Oh and I have already tried  all the suggestions that verizon has on the faq's page and help topics: answers and actions. For example doing a soft reset on the device, checking all the settings that could effect it's ability to properly function such as airplane mode, roaming, call forwarding, global setting, etc. T mobile insists that the device is locked and that thehy need an unlock code to be able to provide full unabridged service.  Any help would be very appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: I need to unlock my galaxy note 4 to use with another carrier temporarily. Can someone help me plz?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is already unlocked. You need to set the phone in GSM mode and add the T-Mobile APN after inserting the T-Mobile SIM card and rebooting the phone.

I am curious, what part of the country do you expect T-Mobile to have better service then Verizon on this long road trip? I know all carriers don't have coverage everywhere, but once you get out of the big cities finding T-Mobile service could be challenging.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: I need to unlock my galaxy note 4 to use with another carrier temporarily. Can someone help me plz?
peralesc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Went to Portugal was told t mobiles had best service.there.    crap.  No service of any kind.    Lol.  Hello America and Verizon.   Oh how I missed you.  Lol

0 Likes
peralesc
Enthusiast - Level 1

New problem I need my old account records for a lawsuit and court case but Verizon is not cooperating.  They said they can't access them even had my lawyer subpoena them and they only have me the received calls not missed calls from same time span.  How can I get them.  Please help asap.   If it was a murder case they would provide them n o doubt.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

peralesc wrote:

New problem I need my old account records for a lawsuit and court case but Verizon is not cooperating.  They said they can't access them even had my lawyer subpoena them and they only have me the received calls not missed calls from same time span.  How can I get them.  Please help asap.   If it was a murder case they would provide them n optic0n o doubt.

See the reply in your community status update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't mention your trip was to be overseas. If you had, the response would have been completely different.

0 Likes