Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I upgraded from the Note 2 to the Note 3 last week, now I can't connect to the wifi at work. Our IT department is stumped, but has heard complaints from Samsung device owners. Any ideas on troubleshooting?
jpearcy

I upgraded from the Note 2 to the Note 3 last week, now I can't connect to the wifi at work. Our IT department is stumped, but has heard complaints from Samsung device owners. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I upgraded from the Note 2 to the Note 3 last week, now I can't connect to the wifi at work. Our IT department is stumped, but has heard complaints from Samsung device owners. Any ideas on troubleshooting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello jpearcy,

Like a superhero, here I am to save the day! Let's get you connected to your work wifi. May I ask are you able to connect to other wifi networks without any issues? Does the internet work on your Note 3 without wifi? Can I assume that there isn't any liquid or physical damage on the device? If you can share this info and what security protocol is on your work wifi then we can assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I upgraded from the Note 2 to the Note 3 last week, now I can't connect to the wifi at work. Our IT department is stumped, but has heard complaints from Samsung device owners. Any ideas on troubleshooting?
jpearcy

Thank you for getting back to me!  The phone has not had any damage. I am able to connect to wifi at home, as well as connecting to the few open networks I have encountered at other businesses.  The wifi at work is a guest account,  and has no security associated with it. When I click to sign in, it warns me about the security certificate not matching (it has done that with my note 2 and my thunderbolt), then takes me to the "accept terms" page. When I click accept. ....nothing happens.  It starts trying to go to the home page for work, but times out. This is the same issue for many of my coworkers who own Samsung phones.  Oddly, it affects some S3 and S4 phones, but not others. They all have version 4.3. I am the only one with a note3. My note 2 connected without any problems.  I did try connecting with the blue tooth on and off; no difference.

0 Likes