I've been getting the error message 'font not supported' when trying to change the font on my Note 4. What changed?
rose_fulmer

Since receiving the update to 5.1.1 I can't change the font style on the Note 4. I've tried everything, but always get the same message 'font not supported'. Please help.

0 Likes
Re: I've been getting the error message 'font not supported' when trying to change the font on my Note 4. What changed?
ladymeggs

I have been having the same issue since the most recent software update. I have even wiped my phone. I posted about this problem several days ago, but never got a response. Maybe now that more than one person is having the same issue someone will respond.

0 Likes
Re: I've been getting the error message 'font not supported' when trying to change the font on my Note 4. What changed?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked your thread? There was a response two days ago

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ladymeggs

Yes I have and that response was not to my issue but to a different issue that someone else ask about on my thread.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Uh oh. Thanks to you all of bringing this to our attention. I'm sure being able to change the font is something you appreciate.

What steps are  you taking to change the font?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ladymeggs

When I go into settings, display, font, font style and select any of the fonts listed there that were not originally installed on the phone, I get the error message "This font is not supported. Contact the font provider."  I have been using these fonts with no issue up until the last system update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ladymeggs,

This sounds like an awesome feature on your phone! Let’s make sure we get this taken care of for you once & for all. We truly appreciate the troubleshooting you have done & explained how you have accessed this. Since you have done a full reset, this is something that Samsung would need to provide extra support for. When it says “contact the font provider”, that would be Samsung. Let me point you in the right direction. Samsung can be reached at 888-987-4357 or via their online Chat Support at http://bit.ly/1FDSMdj. I hope this helps!

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VTV

Been on the phone,with Samdung and Google for 2 hours. Still have this exact same problem.

No fonts that I download will work.

0 Likes
VTV

Sorry. . "Samsung"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear that the wait is so long, VTV. It is important to us that you have the ability to use any font you wish and we're happy to asssit with this concern.

Our best recommendation is to continue your communication with the provider. We are unable to troubleshoot this particular issue at this time because the font options are directly provided by Samsung. I do hope this information has been beneficial to you and please reach out for any other concerns. We are on stand by waiting to help.
SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes