Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I was told by vzw cust service to keep the note 7 if I want to...
Jimim

After being up all night fretting over what to do about this mess, I finally decided to downgrade to the s7 edge until a new note alternative arrives next fall.....Vz cs rep FINALLY comes on the line and I tell her i need to downgrade to the s7 edge,  but that I want my contract so I can upgrade when available.... she says that's not a  option,  that I'll have to buy out the s7 before I can upgrade next year.  I tell her that's unacceptable because I've always had a note series and this is not the consumers fault.  She proceeds to tell me that if I really love the phone,  I should just keep it because only a small percentage are affected and what are the odds of mine catching fire.  I laughed because this was so unexpected.  I then asked if I would receive updates to the note 7. She said yes,  absolutely.  I laughed again.  There is no way they'll push updates out to the note 7. But this is what I was told today.  So if my phone call was recorded,  and mine does catch fire,  I'll have proof I was only doing what my carrier recommended.  Such [Removed]..... You can call five times in a row,  talk to five diff people about the same issue and receive five totally different answers.  They don't care about us as customers, that we've been through 2 months of [Removed], on the phone constantly dealing with this, driving back and forth to the vz stores, only to be told this and that, none of which turns out to be true.

They should suck it up and make this right, whatever it takes.  I have been with them for 17 years,  have 5 lines.  I've paid my dues as their customer.  MAKE IT RIGHT! I know most of it falls back on Samsung, but get together and get a game plan already.  Do right by your customers,  or they'll be no customers!

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was told by vzw cust service to keep the note 7 if I want to...
tc2013
Novice

On a light side... maybe that's why.... (from the news) Verizon Closing Call Centers After Pledging to Add Jobs in the Spring

Calling verizon, att, comcast, directv, etc etc etc supports is like a lottery.  you sometimes just have to keep trying till you hit a jackpot.

Don't get frustrated by these... it is what it is for this type of industry IMO.

Good luck.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you don't like Verizon's option, simply do what MANY people have been doing for YEARS. Purchase the S7, pay it off when you want to upgrade. Sell it yourself on a site such as swappa.com where you will recoup your payoff amount and THEN purchase a new phone. 99% of the time this will work out BETTER than Verizon's HORRIBLE annual upgrade program where you pay 50% of full retail to BORROW a phone for a year. Doing it yourself, you will most certainly pay LESS than 50% of full retail to use that same phone for a year.

Phones ROUTINELY sell for WELL OVER 50% of original retail cost a year or more after release on sites such as swappa.com making this a MUCH BETTER way to get an annual upgrade. If money is a concern, this is definitely the way to go.

0 Likes
tk3765
Novice

What I have found out many times, whether calling wireless or FIOS whatever, never use the phone.  I've never gotten correct information or resolution on any issue.  Now, I only utilize the chat.  So far at least it seems to get a hold of people who actually know what is going on and can give the straight details.

I was told by a former Verizon employee that the people on chat aren't on a time constraint to help like many call center operators are..they can hash out a problem and get the proper resolution as they have the most current information from Verizon.  The call centers are not Verizon specific employees in most cases but people following a set process to answer basic questions.  Anything outside the norm they just don't have the most recent information readily available.

0 Likes