If you dont return the note 7
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you do not return the note 7, Verizon will charge you for keeping the phone and all warranties will become void. This is what I read on another post from a VZW  rep and also confirmed in an online chat with a Verizon rep. I think it's time to switch companies. The only reason most of us are considering keeping this phone is because there are not any phones in verizon's lineup that compare to it. Plus we don't want to nor should we have to lose our annual upgrade option. This is horrible

0 Likes
Re: If you dont return the note 7
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You get your upgrade option back when you return the phone. You can't even get the phone anywhere now so what's the point of switching carriers? Re activate and old phone or purchase one third party and wait till a device you want comes out. The Note 7 is not that device. Samsung is also stopping support, troubleshooting, and if something happens you cannot sue them.

0 Likes
Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

I went into the store Tuesday to give up my baby... which almost made me want to cry because out of dozens of phones I have owned, the Note 7 has been the best. The past five years I have used nothing but Samsung Galaxys and Notes...  I went from the S7Edge to the Note 7... I had my phone, all the accessories, the screen protector which I never put on due to the first recall that I had to go through.... walk in and I dont know if you notice this or not but if they see you with a return, they will linger and try not to be the one to handle you because they want to make a sell, not do a return.  Anyways.... the first recall was a living nightmare which I said I was going to leave Verizon after that....  this recall, well... it wasn't as bad but... I agree, Verizon is not doing as they should be doing.  Instead they are playing by their own rules and I think they make them up as they go.  EVERY rep will tell you something different.  I have an upgrade coming up in January so I decided to get the Iphone 7 Plus (I hate Iphones but I am not thrilled with the selections out there)... I had a Verizon rep on the phone tell me they had a few Rose Gold in stock and several black ones at the store... so I leave work.... head straight to Verizon which is ten minutes away... walked in and tell them I needed to return the Note 7 for the Iphone 7...  so.... he tells me they do not have any in stock!  I said a over the phone rep said you had a few, he told me they didnt know what they were talking about.  So while in the store (as I am waiting to be waited on) I call a rep over the phone again and as I am talking to this one..he tells me they have two in the store but were black 256, did I want one?  I said yes, so he told the manager to put one back for me because I was there at the store waiting for it.  Finally.... my time came up to be helped... I tell the guy the situation... the recall.. blah blah blah and I was there to get the Iphone 7 +... he tells me they do not have any in stock that it has to be preordered... I said no, someone is holding one for me now.  He told me no because they havent had any in a few days which was a bald face lie due to the fact i was there the day before with a friend that was returning the note 7 and got an iphone 7+ that they just got in....  a lot of having to argue and tell him a dozen times someone has my phone, he came back with an Iphone 7+ and put it in my hands.... so.... as I think I am doing the exchange...apparently not.  Basically I just signed up a whole new contract but under the same line.  I had to pay up front activation fee!!!  I was ticked about that.  A freaking activation fee for something that was out of my control.  Then....  I was not credited for my accessories like the case, the screen protector, the charger... which I had all in the box ready to hand over....  I was charged for the new screen protector and case I had to buy for the Iphone....   When I was getting ready to leave I tried to give him the Note 7 and he said no, it was my responsibility to send to Samsung....  so... I left out of Verizon with my new Iphone 7+ and my Note 7...  boy was I happy.  I got to keep my baby.....  after all, all they are going to do is destroy it... So....  two days later.... I get Verizon and see a case I like better for the Iphone... order it....a few hours later I start getting emails telling me my cases has shipped.  They duplicated my order three times!!!  I get on the Verizon chat and they tell me they cant help me that I need to call... so I call.... the girl tells me that she can't cancel them but when I get them, to refuse or take to the store.  Number 1.... I do NOT want to go to that store again which I have to if I want to get credit for the Note 7 accessories because no one wants to do that.....  Number 2... I won't be home when they arrive so I can't refuse.  so I told her... I will not pay a restock fee for each one when I return them.  She says... don't open the box and they wont charge you.  WTH???  How am I to know which box has my case and accessories that I did want??  This whole thing has been a complete nightmare.  I have lost respect for Verizon and question whether I want to continue my 5 lines with them even though I have been with them ten years.  I have a phone that I am unhappy with and paying for it in every way possible not including the money part.   The guy told me to go to the Samsung website to see how to return my phone... I go to the Samsung website and it tells me to take to my carrier... which I did.... I am not going to beg them to take this phone.  I love the Note 7, it hasn't gave me any problems at all... I would love to keep using it.  But.... I am not going to pay for it when I tried to give it back and did as what I was supposed to do by "exchanging" it which is total [Removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Did you actually read the press release? It tells you exactly what to do and how to do it and keeping the Samsung is not one of them. If you want all the credits you have to return them. Go to a different store if you need to.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Also each carrier is doing it the same way I viewed them all this morning.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1
0 Likes
Disnie
Contributor - Level 1

Did you read my message??  I TOOK everything with me when I did the exchange, the Note 7.. everything that came with the Note 7, everything I bought for the Note 7 to the corporate store and they would NOT take it.  Told me to go online to Samsung website. Samsung website tells you to contact your carrier.  It is not like I am freaking hiding the phone... I took the phone WITH me....

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Go to a different store which I did suggest. So that does indicate I read it.

0 Likes