Incredible Battery Drain with Android 5 Lollipop Update - What can I do?
kelleydr

After installing the update to Android 5 that automatically downloaded on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, I am experiencing very rapid battery drain. Additionally, when using WiFi, the phone is hogging an incredible amount of bandwidth on my network. Anyone have any helpful suggestions other than doing a factory reset and wasting hours of precious time recovering all of my old data and apps?

Also, in the event that I do have to do a factory reset, does anyone have a suggestion on a backup and recovery app that actually works well?

0 Likes
Re: Incredible Battery Drain with Android 5 Lollipop Update - What can I do?
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

A lot of Note 4 users are in the same boat.  I'll be watching to see if someone has a good answer.

0 Likes
Re: Incredible Battery Drain with Android 5 Lollipop Update - What can I do?
ev_b
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the LG G3 and have the same problem. Never mind that the "update" didn't do a single positive thing, only made the phone a hot mess. Now I walk out the door with the phone on 100%, straight from the charger. By the time I get where I'm going, my idle phone is at maybe 69%  Today I was doing errands and it got really low.  I put it on my car charger, but even after a 15 minute drive, with the phone on airplane mode, it only went up TWO percent. Seriously! I haven't even had this phone for very long. Should have saved my pennies for an iPhone, serves me right.

0 Likes