India Note 7 pre-order get free VR Gear!
PBOY22

How come anyone who pre-ordered the Note 7 in India is getting free VR Gear headsets plus $50 vouchers for VR content from the app store and Verizon is only giving us $25 credit toward accessories?  I pre-ordered mine in the first 30 min it was available online!  I'd like a VR Gear!  Or a discount on my monthly bill for the inconvenience of all this.

0 Likes
Re: India Note 7 pre-order get free VR Gear!
Tidbits
Legend

They pay a lot more than you did and they are not getting theirs until everything is all over which could be months from when they preordered it and they are already been charged. You are not in the same position they are in.

Not to mention what was offered to them was from Samsung and not anyone else.

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

I pre-orderd mine as well and got a very good promo deal with a choice of Gear Fit2 or 256GB MicroSD card. Both are a better value (cost wise the Gear VR is just $100). I for one am a happy camper.

Did you not see this promo?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

He probably took it, but then he wants more than just that, because of the recall.

0 Likes
PBOY22

I saw the promo but it was closed by that time.  And since my initial rant they have changed it so the $25 dollars can go toward the bill as well.  I have two Note 7 phones.  That will make the next bill a little easier on the wallet.

0 Likes
PBOY22

Tidbits,

Thanks for assuming!  You must think everyone in the world just want a handout and given everything free.  There's my assumption about you!  What I read about India did not list the rest of the things they have to deal with.  Knowing that, I'm not so hot about it.  See, people can accept new information and be able to change their mind.

I was venting frustration with my post because I can't get in touch with anyone from Verizon via phone or though their online "chat" window.  The only local store that will answer the phone isn't a corporate store and can't help me and says I'll have to contact a corporate store and call their number which is a circle and nobody answers!  I bought my phones on the website so I could avoid going into a store and dealing with anyone.  I've been successful for 5 years.  I now have to go in twice with time I don't have and then wait for someone to help me.  I already feel sorry for the poor representative that gets to deal with me after I've been waiting for 45+ minutes like the last three times I went to a store those long years ago.

Now they could be way better than that now.  But from the recent reviews of all my local locations make it seem like it's worse now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon will be blamed for everything.  Samsung is the one to blame, and Verizon getting swamped by overzealous people as for delays.  I never had a problem ever calling in.

Ironically you say your locations seems to make it worse, but they are not Verizon, and not Verizon employees.  If  you looked they tell you to go to a corporate store for more information and or help because they don't have the authority to do much of anything, and always last to get any information.

0 Likes