Is the S7 Edge a part of the annual upgrade program?
gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got off the phone with VZW customer service, and I would like to get a 2nd source to confirm. Is it true that they are now going to honor the every year promotion if we switch to the S7 edge from the note 7? Pay off 50% of the device and then be able to upgrade to another samsung device.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Annual upgrade
madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the printed / piblished answer is here:

Annual Upgrade Program for Samsung Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless

See bullet two, read the fine print where it cites S7 if purchased before 9/10/2016  this means the program for the S7 ended sept 10th.

Search for similar threads from yesterday where the Verizon Moderators say the same thing, S7 Not an "Annual Eligible" device.  ..  again, that was yesterday

So unless the policy changed today (Thursday) .. and by referring to Verizon's own documents, this another misinformed customer rep.  (hope not)

Use caution, do your homework, if you purchase the S7 device on a payment plan you will be locked into a 24 month full retail cost agreement.

I surely hope what you were told is correct and they simply haven't corrected their official policy yet.  I am patiently waiting for Samsung and Verizon to work out this "Annual Eligable" device issue for S7 Edge.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

Until it shows up on the website and states it on your receipt, I would not believe anything you are told.

madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the printed / piblished answer is here:

See bullet two, read the fine print where it cites S7 if purchased before 9/10/2016  this means the program for the S7 ended sept 10th.

Search for similar threads from yesterday where the Verizon Moderators say the same thing, S7 Not an "Annual Eligible" device.  ..  again, that was yesterday

So unless the policy changed today (Thursday) .. and by referring to Verizon's own documents, this another misinformed customer rep.  (hope not)

Use caution, do your homework, if you purchase the S7 device on a payment plan you will be locked into a 24 month full retail cost agreement.

I surely hope what you were told is correct and they simply haven't corrected their official policy yet.  I am patiently waiting for Samsung and Verizon to work out this "Annual Eligable" device issue for S7 Edge.

madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well Verizon community, I guess we have the real answer to the S7 annual eligible answer ... NO

As you can tell from numerous posts from me on this topic, and continous wrong answers from customer service reps telling us the S7 edge "IS" eligible, I have been monitoring when \ if the Verizon policy on S7 annual eligibility changes,

See bullet 2 of this policy:

This document was updated in the last hour.  Guess what?  They removed the Note 7 eligibility and DID NOT update the S7 device expiration date of Sept 10th

So I guess we have the REAL answer now.  S7 and S7 Edge DOES NOT QUALIFY for Annual Eligible status. This means that if you purchase the S7 on the device payment plan, you will be locked in for 24 months or FULL RETAIL when you want to upgrade to the S8.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!   Be warned not to be tricked with incorrect guidance from the sale staff

0 Likes
MERSHE25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe this is the most frustrating and disappointing part of the entire situation: loss of our opportunity to upgrade in one year unless switching to the IPhone 7. I'm a new customer and maybe I set my expectations too high when switching to Verizon. It has been made abundantly clear that the vast majority of us who purchased  Note 7 don't want to be locked into a different phone for the next 2 years when we purchased an Android phone with an annual agreement to start with. There is currently no Android option available for the annual program and aside from that the only other option is on backorder for weeks. Surely Verizon can do a little better than this. We shouldn't be penalized as consumers for something that happened outside of our control. Please give us a more viable option to retain the annual upgrade agreement, it's the right thing to do.

madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

All done.  Verizon updated their policy again this evening.  Take a look, they removed all references to any Samsung device.  Their latest version of the policy references iPhones only.

bye bye Annual Upgrades for Samsung. 

This should be the reference to answer our Annual Upgrade question if we choose the Samsung S7 or S7 Edge as our Note 7 replacement.  Doing so under the device the payment program means you are locked for 24mos / full retail.

0 Likes
madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please disregard my 8:22pm post. This reply is not accurate.  Don't know what happened but the Samsung Annual Eligible link is still there and online.  My Bad!!!

0 Likes
brigetterad
Contributor - Level 1

I just checked and this is what I got from your link:

1. Purchased and activated an eligible Samsung device on a Verizon Wireless device payment agreement.

All versions of the Note7 have been recalled. Please power off your device and read our FAQs for the latest recall and return information.

• Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge purchased on a device payment agreement on or before 9/10/2016

Do you not get an annual upgrade with it is now past 9/10/2016?   

I would consider the 7Edge if i knew i could get out of it in 12 months.  I'm not about to pay $800 plus taxes for an older phone over the next two years.  

If they can't come up with anything better than the currents offers...i'm just going back to my Note 3 until the LGv20 appears.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

brigetterad wrote:

If they can't come up with anything better than the currents offers...i'm just going back to my Note 3 until the LGv20 appears.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't do that even if you COULD get the S7 Edge on an annual upgrade program.

0 Likes
brigetterad
Contributor - Level 1

Well,  I wanted something new and to just have until something better came out in about a year.  BUT.. i just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who told me that the annual upgrade for Samsung is not available. Get the 7 Edge and be stuck with it for 2 years.  No thanks.   They are definitely supposed to get the LG V20, the Rep said, but he did not have a release date yet.  So..  I will hold on to my Note 7 until then.  (I think)   

0 Likes