Re: Annual upgrade
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The v20 looks ok. But, in reality is STILL not comparable with the Note7. No S Pen, No water resistance or dust resistance, and frankly....it looks like trash

0 Likes
Casper1102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told the same thing by 2 different reps on 12 October 16.  I'll believe it when I see it, but my guess is by the time it is all said and done we will get our annual upgrade back.  My intention is to contact VW daily and talk to a manager starting the day after I DOWNGRADE to the S7 Edge.  I also took a screenshot of @steveng_vzw saying "Upgrading to a different phone would be as if you just chose a different phone in the beginning."  Well I got my first Note 7 on August 19th which is before September 10th.

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee

Help is here as I know there has been a lot of confusion regarding the annual upgrade. Please take a look at this link as it does clear up all concerns on the annual upgrade process as it states Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, purchased on or before September 9 2016. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/

0 Likes
Casper1102
Enthusiast - Level 2

@natashaa_vzw, unfortunately you are wrong.  I assure you that by the time this is all done we will all get our annual upgrade back.  you just haven't been given the ok from your "big wigs" yet to allow it.  numerous reps have already indicated we can get it back and let me remind you Verizon is the number 1 wireless provider.  This equates to the most customers.  That's a lot of people calling daily for a fix to the problem.  And to sit there and say "Please take a look at this link as it does clear up all concerns on the annual upgrade process as it states Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, purchased on or before September 9 2016."  is ridiculous as that statement nor the link clears up any concerns.

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We know so many customers are looking for a phone that has a stylus. We now have the LG Stylo 2 V.

LG Stylo 2 V | Verizon Wireless

It may not meet the water resistance you are looking for, however, this is a great entry level phone that you may want to check out.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

So why can't Verizon reinstate this program for the Note 7 trade in customers?

0 Likes
brigetterad
Contributor - Level 1

TamaraH ,  

What do you mean by entry level?  Is it better than the Note 3 or Note 5, at least?  The Note 7 screen was beautiful! Does this Stylo offer a clear, beautiful, vibrant screen like the Note 7?  How about the pictures?  I am so impressed with the pictures taken with my Note 7, compared to pics taken with my Note 3.

tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol, is this a joke?

ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

89 dollars at Target  yet 240 at Verizon. This is the same nonsense pricing keeping me away from the Note 5. The LG came out in May 2015. Why would anyone pay a premium price for outdated tech?

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

Oh, once I'm done replacing my Note 7 with the LG Stylo, I'll go buy a copy of Windows 95 (at premium pricing) and "upgrade" my new laptop.