Re: KitKat Update Issues
AAjetjock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Have experienced the EXACT same issues!!! And I would like to say: This is the second time a FORCED update has RUINED a phone that took months...MONTHS to configure! 4.4.2 Is CRAP! This morning after being plugged in for over 8 hours last night, I barely had 50% charge!!! SERIOUSLY?! I ask VERIZON what is being done to restore what we are paying for?! It is NOT...REPEAT...NOT  REASONABLE TO EXPECT USERS TO PERFORM A HARD RESET EACH TIME AN UPDATE IS FORCED UPON US!!!!

harleydavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't waste your time doing anything support recommends you do because it's all a bunch of BS and none of it works. Your at the mercy of these idiots like the rest of us. I will tell you this though I've learned a valuable lesson. I won't be updating my phone anytime soon after we get a workable solution to this nightmare.

Moessy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just stepped through the cache wipe procedures provided and immediately I notice better speed in WiFi connection.   I was having all issues noted here after KK update.

We shall see if cache wipe addresses all and is more than a short term workaround.

tresemundo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I freaking hate the KK 4.4 update. I really, really hate this freaking update. Why did they, Samsung or Verizon, do this? I really don't like using this phone Galaxy note 3 anymore. It worked fine before they freaking changed it.

0 Likes
HeyCat41

Okay, I too have noticed the same problems in the last several days, except I've never tried the HotSpot thing.

And I saw on another thread that somebody said it was just the black Note3 that had the issue.... WRONG. I have a White/Rose Gold model, and what would external color have to do with internal workings anyway?

Silly.

First it was the WiFi doing exactly what you described, where I'd have a signal but it would keep dropping and reconnecting (when every other device in my house on that signal stayed fine). So I knew it wasn't the modem's fault.

GPS has failed a few times on me on a road trip this last weekend. There was nothing quite like having to pull off the road in another state to wait for the phone to reboot to try it again.

My battery life has TANKED. I went so far as to remove a few apps to be safe. NOPE. Keeps going down and will not charge back up like it did just a month ago. It says to "use the original charger for better results"... oh, that's funny, because I've been USING the original charger all along and it's failing. My general mini USB car charger I got for my previous LG works better than it does now! But of course, I can't stay in my car all day long to charge a phone.

And, as we've all seen now, the Android system is sucking the battery down twice as fast anymore.

I just tried the Cache wipe, and have turned it off to charge it from my USB... that may be well and good, but it's my phone and the only way family can get a hold of me, so what good does it do to have to shut it down for a few hours to charge?

Hey, anybody else notice that when you go to your battery manager, it looks like 2 separate Android OS are running? Wonder why that is?

0 Likes
tpax1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about we all go to Verizon stores and cram kitkats down their throats.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Nice to assault people who haven't done a thing to you....

Dr01dg1rl

ALL of the above!!!  My husband and I have the same phone and we can be standing next to each other and 1 of us had no mobile network while the other does!  Calls drop, GPS stinks, Battery drains in a couple hours etc...

VERIZON DO SOMETHING!!!

0 Likes
mneriv87

My galaxy note 3 was upgraded a month ago and the GPS is useless. Battery life is questionable. I don't understand why there are no replies from Verizon? We all pay I guess we have to wait for the lollie pop upgrade.

Does anyone know if it possible to undo the update?

0 Likes