Re: Kitkat 4.4.2 Note II is horriable and WILL NOT WORK
JackCTU

Check out xda developer.com they have instructions to stop the update notifications.

0 Likes
lholc

This is my second Note 2, the first one quit getting data after the kitkat update. I've spent hours on the phone, hard resets, etc and nothing. Today I updated to kitkat on my new Note 2 and same thing, no data so Verizon is shipping a 3rd Note 2 out. She told me DO NOT update to kitkat on the new one, just keep hitting the "install later" button as they have nothing but problems with the new update.

0 Likes
djtoad1

Hello VZW Forums,

I am also having issues with 4.4.2 update. Main issues are related to touch input or response during certain actions on the device. Safemode, Factory Reset, have been attempted and stock updated software present the same issues. I have two Note 2 devices. One was original stock from Samsung, one is from Asurion. Both exhibit identical issues.  I am Tier II VZW Employee in the BGCO in SLC, Utah. The main issues seems to be related to Phone App (dialer apk). When a call is in progress, the touch screen loses all responsiveness. The screen with light up If the power button is depressed, however no action can completed (ending a call, speaker phone, mute, etc...). After the call has ended, or waiting for 2-3 minutes, the screen returns to normal function. I find if I manually clear the app data for the phone app, and make sure to run the task manager and close all running actions, it  remedies the situation temporarily. I have used the phone as stock with no other app installs, and have even disabled non android crucial aps in attempt to improve the functionality. All have yielded with no positive results. For info related to device: Baseband Version I605VRUFND7, Kernel 3.0.31, Build KOT49H.I605VRUFND7, Hardware Version I605.07.

I have contacted Samsung directly via email and they advise a possible fix is coming but no official ETA. Product development from internal sources has led to similar information. It was suggested I post on the public forum to bring awareness/attention to issue. Other symptoms which are apparent but minor are, battery drain, and signal stability. Again, it seems like radio based functionality has been impaired since the update, and may be at the core of the situation.   

0 Likes
funeralguy77

I am also having problems with the KitKat update. My cell drops the wifi on and off. And is now shutting off or rebooting in the middle of calls. It worked great before the update

0 Likes
Thomas189

Not sure if will fix your problem. But my phone would shut off randomly,  WiFi and Bluetooth worked only once in a while. This fix worked for me, pull your battery, locate the three gold battery tabs on the phone, use a paper clip or needle and pull out slightly on them to make better contact with the battery.  Worked for me.

0 Likes
Pinacocacola
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same story. Ive isolate problem like many others to camera apps draining the phone. Ive also noticed wifi running puts an even larger strain on the phones battery charge. I've come to the realization that no one is going to do anything about it. It appears there are not enough note 2 users for Google to put out a patch.

0 Likes