LED and Smart Alert Do Not Work Since Changing to Message+ on Note 4
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently changed my default messaging application from the standard Note 4 Messages to Verizon's Message+, so I can send and receive MMS via Wi-Fi. However, since making the change both the LED and Smart Alert (vibration when the device is picked up to notify of missed messages) have ceased to notify me of missed text messages even after the two reminders I have selected in the Message+ Settings menu have sounded. I have tried selecting each of the available LED color choices in the Message+ Settings menu thinking that perhaps I had chosen a color the Note 4 LED is not configured to reproduce to no avail. Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LED and Smart Alert Do Not Work Since Changing to Message+ on Note 4
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, notifications are turned on in the device Settings>Applications>Messages menu.  I have no problem with any of my other LED and Smart Alert notifications working in any other application, AND they still work as they should for text messages when I change back to the Note 4 Messaging app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LED and Smart Alert Do Not Work Since Changing to Message on Note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure all indicators are up and running! When heading into Settings > Applications > Messages, are notifications on?

YosefT_VZW
Follo0w us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, notifications are turned on in the device Settings>Applications>Messages menu.  I have no problem with any of my other LED and Smart Alert notifications working in any other application, AND they still work as they should for text messages when I change back to the Note 4 Messaging app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for all that you've done here, ceroley! I would suggest force stopping the default messaging app through Settings > Applications > Application Manager > All > Messages. Once this has been completed power cycle the device and test.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still a no go...  😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ceroley, thanks for testing that out for us. I want to make sure we do everything we can to get the LED to work again for you. If you switch back over to the default message application does the LED and SmartAlert start working again? Please keep us poste once you test this out for us.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: LED and Smart Alert Do Not Work Since Changing to Message  on Note 4
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was FINALLY able to get the LED notification to work with the Message+ application by uninstalling the updates, turning off the application, turning the application back on, and reinstalling the updates.  However, the Message+ application still fails to activate the Smart Alert (vibration when picking up the Note 4 with uncleared notifications) feature.  Apparently, the Message+ application simply is not compatible with the Smart Alert feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of getting service while out of the country ceroley. Are you a current Verizon Wireless customer using a hotspot while out of the country? In order to use VZW service, the device must be active on a Verizon Wireless account.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ceroley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please reread this thread.  There is NOTHING about my being out of the country, and yes, I am a Verizon Wireless customer.

0 Likes