LED light not working after 7.0 update for email notifications
Starlike

My LED light is not working after the 7.0 update for email notifications. I have the Samsung Note 5. My email is always on silent for sound notifications. But I would like to know when an email arrives on a locked or opened screen. I contacted Verizon and he contacted Samsung and they both couldn't come up with a solution. But Samsung stated they would pass it on to the engineers. I did notice if you turn on a notification sound in the email app you will get a LED notification. I even downloaded the Outlook app and it's the same problem. I also noticed with Gmail and Yahoo I was not having any LED problems at all. Does anyone have a fix for this??? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LED light not working after 7.0 update for email notifications
bell2200
Enthusiast - Level 2

HERE IS A SOLUTION!  I was having the same issue.  The LED would blink for text messages but not for emails.  I also had the notification sound set to "Silent" for emails.  Following your lead, I confirmed that selecting a sound to be played upon email arrivals also activated the LED for emails.  The default sound on my device is set to "Silent."  If you select "Default Sound" as the email notification sound, then the LED will blink for unopened emails!  If you set it for "Silent," then it will not blink.  It's a bit round about but it works.  Having my default sound set to silent is no issue for me because I select the sound I want for each app that I want to provide an audible notification.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TERHER43

I'm having the same problem  with led lights not working for email and sometimes not for text messages

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/display/led indicator......nougat update turned it off.

0 Likes
LECH67

I have the same issue and my LED indicator is on.  Still no notifications.

0 Likes
LECH67

I also do not get a number on top of the Outlook app telling me the number of unread emails I have.  It's there on the regular email app but not on the Outlook app. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
MOMMYCHULA_25

I'm having the same issue. Do you know if there is a way to get the update off? I'm beyond aggravated with this. There is always some [Removed] update that does more damage than good. I didn't think there was any wrong with my system before the update but now it just making me mad!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Brewer_101
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue after the latest update, no notification light for any emails or texts. I verified in my phone's settings that the led notification is turned on.

Probably a strategy by Verizon to get people to go buy new phones. It is very irritating and the update has only caused me issues after I had none at all before the update.

aamodtclan

I have the new S8 and am having the same problem even on Yahoo. On my S6 it worked fine just not on the new phone.

0 Likes
Starlike

So far Verizon has had another update since the original one that created this problem. But still there is no fix in sight. Verizon has to know by now that this is a big problem. And so far nothing is being done about it. Can someone from Verizon tell us that they are working on it? Or better yet at least acknowledge that there's a problem!

0 Likes
stanb300
Enthusiast - Level 1

My note 5 has LED notification issues as well.

Will not notify me of gmails , text messages (and I'm using Verizon's texting app), and when I miss a call, the LED will blink green (when it feels like it), the same color Facebook messenger Uses! Missed calls have always been blue until now.

All of my setting are correct and I have updated the apps I use the most, still have problems.

Also, battery usage is much higher with android 7.

My phone worked perfectly with Marshmallow 6.1

Sure wish I could get it back on my phone, headache would be gone!

Hopefully Verizon is listening and making every effort to resolve these issues, and others that have been reported, and soon. Otherwise put Marshmallow 6.1 back on my phone......