Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,646 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Last upgrade is not good!
RCEYLON
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last update is NOT good! Weather won't load, pages take forever to load even on Wi-Fi, my calls normally drop 2 to 3 times on my hour long commute now drops 6 to 7 times. Three reboots later, cache cleared, still have issues.

0 Likes
Re: Last upgrade is not good!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are meant to help make your phone better, RCEYLON! Let's get your Note 8 working at it's best. When did you perform the update? It can take a couple days for your phone to optimize to the new software. Are all your apps up to date as well? Can you please explain what you did for the reboots that you mentioned? Have other data services been impacted as well?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you said you cleared the cache did you do this in recovery mode or on the phone settings -storage?

Just in case this is how you get to recovery mode for those that maybe having the same problem

Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
bearone21
Legend

weak network signal='s weak wi-fi!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We hope you got your device working. Are you still having issues with your Note 8? Were you able to complete any of the steps presented by the community? We want to make sure your device is fully functional.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RCEYLON
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the thing guys, it's not the phone that has the problem. Many others subscribers are having similar issues. My phone itself is working better over the last few weeks, however, the main issue is that over the 6 months or so, the service in my area has gotten so much worse. It's hard to pin point exactly when it started because as your company probably well knows, it's a slow trend that you don't notice from one day to the next. There used to be only 3 dead spots (resulting in a dropped call) during my hour long commute to work, now there's 6-7. Imagine trying to have a conversation with your mother you haven't seen in 5 years and the call drops 6 times. It has forced me to buy a very expensive cell booster just so I can get back to the service I had when I initially moved here. The very reason my husband and I switched to Verizon after being with Sprint for over 20 years was because we researched the coverage maps before moving and saw that Verizon had better coverage when we first came a year ago.

It's not the phone (except that it never seems to domestically roam and I pass a couple towers where I have zero signal) it's not me, it's not my husband, our house, our car, etc. It's clear it's on Verizon's end and the level of tower capability or usage of domestic roaming. Improve YOUR service and you'll keep customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RCEYLON, our goal is to ensure that you have the service you need especially at home. What ZIP Code do you live in? At certain time of the day does your service change?

0 Likes
RCEYLON
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in 30546 but travel all the way to 28771. There used to be 2 to 3 dead spots where my calls would definitely drop but losing a call 6 to 7 times is getting ridiculous. I can't really pin point a worse time of the day over another but I'm sure cell power is monitored by Verizon at least I would hope it would be. The expensive cell booster I bought helps but I wouldn't have had to buy it if the service was at least like it was last year.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RCEYLON We appreciate those details. I’m sorry you’ve been having problems. Can you please tell me exactly which cities in the 30546/28771 is this happening? Is this affecting data, text or calls only? Please tell me more about the cell booster you’re referring to? Thank you for working with us.

Evelyn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes