Re: Latest From Samsung
INGVAD60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly my point. My Note 3 from years ago got hot very often. My Note 7 does not have any problems and because of mass media hysteria I'm forced to give it up because of .01% chance that it might explode. If it has any defects it should been showing up by now. I read all the Verizon reviews for S7 and S7E and you can see from it that both has issues with overheating. Samsung just got punished for acknowledging small issue. Am I missing something here?

rcschnoor
Legend

INGVAD60 wrote:

My Note 7 does not have any problems and because of mass media hysteria I'm forced to give it up because of .01% chance that it might explode. Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are not being FORCED to give it up AND there are no reports of Note 3's catching fire.

0 Likes
INGVAD60
Enthusiast - Level 2

All what I'm trying to say is every product that have such type of battery can explode. The number of bad phones so far is not that much. I will exchange my "faulty" Note 7 to the new one when it become available.

CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah my Note 4 did the same. It was so bad that I changed the battery and that didn't work. So I upgraded to the S6 Edge Plus. That phone did not get hot at all. I only changed to the Note 7 because I wanted an easy way to create a grocery list, send messages, and type in passwords on the phone instead of trying to type it with my fingers. I miss the S Pen. If the new Notes don't come out by February. I'll just buy the Note 5 instead.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Please show new where Verizon announced publically that we are being prompted to "Return" phones. 

Every thing I have read so far is urging to "exchange".

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

You ask an easy one....there is only post under 'Featured Content' by Verizon moderator. You will find what you seek there. Alternatively, you may look here:

Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless

Never hurts to be clear.

rcschnoor
Legend

Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless

From the website listing the Note 7 in their phone offerings:

"On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 due to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon immediately stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Through September 30, 2016, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customer who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wishes to "return" or exchange it.

On Sept. 9, 2016, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a statement (see below for link to full statement) "urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device." As soon as the CPSC determines whether a replacement Galaxy Note7 is an acceptable remedy to provide to consumers and Samsung provides us with sufficient inventory to satisfy all prior Galaxy Note7 purchases, we will notify customers."

That statement on Verizon's website states you can "RETURN" or "EXCHANGE" the device "WITH NO RESTOCKING FEES". Seems pretty clear to me.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

"On Sept. 9, 2016, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a statement"urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device." As soon as the CPSC determines whether a replacement Galaxy Note7 is an acceptable remedy to provide to consumers and Samsung provides us with sufficient inventory to satisfy all prior Galaxy Note7 purchases, we will notify customers."

So if I read this correctly, this formal announcement on Verizon's website, does not urge me to "Return" the device, other than telling me to power it down and discontinue use, it's telling me to hold onto the device until replacement Note 7s are available?

So I ask again, two users in this thread have stated we were instructed to "Return" or Turn in the devices, and implied people were being stubborn in not turning in their recalled device..... when in reality that hasn't been communicated.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Clear to your own imagination perhaps.

Your interpretation of that is not the same as mine and many others.

The return or exchange is an option being offered for those who didn't want to wait for an actual replacement Note for Note exchange.

No where in that statement does it say you are being prompted to turn in the device.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

and what if we do power down our note 7 is Verizon still going to charge us

for the use ( or lack  ) of the phone? and I agree there could not be a restock fee on this phone.

0 Likes